car wont start after paxton install

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Who's base tune are you running to get the car going?

Also did you have to rewire/ cut and splice anything?

-Thomas

RFM50

Established Member
What bap are u running? There was another guy on here with the programmable Vortech that had problems starting as well.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What bap are u running? There was another guy on here with the programmable Vortech that had problems starting as well.

I believe his was a priblem primeing. But it would still start after a long crank.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

kaane

Established Member
During the paxton install you need to relocate a couple ground wires from the ECU. Make sure those are secured and are getting proper grounds.

try03venom

Established Member
disconnect the BAP rewire like stock and it will run. Then get the Kenne Bell BAP and max it out no more problems.

sedanman

Established Member
His problem isn't a bap issue since he here's it prime. It has to be injector harness issue. It could also be the cone tip. At the TB. Any codes?

busarich

Established Member
Check grounds on bap and ensure you're getting power. Check inertia switch in trunk. If no luck then disconnect bap, hook up fuel pump wiring as it was stock and re-attempt starting. Can you hear your fuel pump priming when the key is turned?

Bap is working fine, just incase I rewired it stock and it acted the same way. You can hear the fuel pump priming just fine.

Intercooler on the correct direction?

How could that effect injector pulse?

Who's base tune are you running to get the car going?

Also did you have to rewire/ cut and splice anything?
-Thomas

I am using Shaun (aed) base tune, I also put the stock tune in and it acted the same way.
No I didn't have to rewire anything with the Paxton install.

It is the vortech universal, his was different.

I believe his was a priblem primeing. But it would still start after a long crank.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

During the paxton install you need to relocate a couple ground wires from the ECU. Make sure those are secured and are getting proper grounds.

I will look over my install, but I don't remember relocating any grounds.

disconnect the BAP rewire like stock and it will run. Then get the Kenne Bell BAP and max it out no more problems.

Did that and it is acting the same way.

busarich

Established Member
So i just hooked up the sct and put it into datalogging and checked maf freq with car on and it was .81 and checked tps and it was 4.10 this was with engine off car on.

zemog255

Established Member
How could that effect injector pulse?

It shouldn't but I had similar issues as yours when I had mine on backwards. The MAF plugged in from there so I didnt think anything of it. I could ususally get mine to fire though. It just wouldn't run.

Try disconnecting the MAF it will idle fine but run like crap if you do anything else but start if thats your issue or related issue. I don't think it is but its a quick thing to check.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Do the ID1000's have injector adapters to fit the stock wiring harness? If so, one or a couple of those adapters might be bad resulting in the injector not working.

Not 100% sure but that's just a thought.

busarich

Established Member
Do you guys know what the tps would read at idle? I read that on start up (on older mustangs) if it was was higher than a certain voltage that it would cut fuel to the injectors. Im going to test that tonight.

RFM50

Established Member
You might want to call Shawn, it might be a problem with the base tune. I have gotten tunes before where the car won't start up.

busarich

Established Member
No i havent done that. I will try that but i dont think it will. With the stock tune and injector plug disconnected it still doesnt test good.

Users who are viewing this thread