Car Stalled and I almost Crashed!!

divided

Established Member
So my car has the occasional stall when coming to a stop or dropping the rpms.

Well I was coming off the freeway and there is a sweeping right turn with a green arrow so I left it in third and let the rpms drop to 'coast' around the turn. Well there is a lane parallel with the street I was turning onto and and a car coming just as a I was turning.

Well mid turn THE CAR STALLS!! I loose power steering and brakes. Almost caused me to run right into the other lane and I was barely able to correct it. I started the car backup rolling in third and everything was cool, but scared the shit out of me and almost caused a wreck. :fm:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Yeah it has to do with adjusting the PID or something in the tune mine was doing it as well and had it changed in my tune and has never stalled at a light since.

divided

Established Member
It's happened before, just never at such a bad time. I definetly need to look into get a custom tune. Im on the stock one btw with mods in sig.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a feeling you had the stock tune. Guaranteed this is the infamous stall issue that Ford chose not to fix as a RE-CALL. IMO this is a serious safety issue and Ford should have been forced to fix the stock tune of every Terminator. Sadly only those who found out about this TSB (#17-54-2) got it done. There are likely a ton of Terminators out there with this stall issue still waiting to rear its ugly head. Here's some general info.
Terminator Stall Issue

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Don't crash that car Craig! If you are going in for a tune you might as well throw a pulley on it first. I have a pulley remover/instaler tool. Then take it to Greg at RET. Worth the drive fo' sho'.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine did it to me one time right before getting onto a short 90* onramp. Luckily it was still in gear so I popped the clutch, but I probably would've taken it off the road if I wasn't able to get it started back so fast.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
wow...that would be scary as hell!!

glad you were able to get her corrected and started back up in time! that would have sucked to wrecked! =/

thankfully the stall (or tick for that matter) is not an issue i have with mine...my luck i wouldnt be able to get it corrected in time, and would end up totaling the car. haha glad you're okay OP!

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
I had the stall issue as well. Purchased mine back in March, and it's done the stall thing probably 4 times since then. It had a custom dyno tune, but doesn't look like they fixed that issue.

I just had a fresh dyno tune done a month or so ago, and I haven't had the issue since. I mentioned the issue to the tuner and he made sure to fix it. :banana:

I did have a few close calls though. Mine did it all 4 times rolling up to a stop light. Luckily each time there were no cars in front of me. If there had been, I may not have been able to stop in time.

Users who are viewing this thread