Car Meet on Saturday, Sept. 18th at Valley Forge Park in PA!!

vipergts281

Established Member
Time for another meet. This time it will be at Valley Forge National Park in Valley Forge, PA.

Date:: Saturday, September 18th

Time:: 1 PM

See this website for more info about the park. Valley Forge Park

Valley Forge Park is only minutes from many major roads......422, PA TurnPike (276), Blue Route/NE Extension/476, and 76. It is also only minutes from the King of Prussia Mall so there are plenty of places to grab some food or if you bring the wives or girlfriends, they can do some shopping if they want.

If any of you have friends with sports cars, please let them know about this. I would love to get a variety of cars at the meet. The last meet I had on July 10th, there were about 25 Mustangs, 2 Vipers, and about 8 Supra's. It was a great turnout. See for yourself.........

Group.gif

Group_3.jpg

Group_1.jpg

Group_6.jpg

If you have any questions or need to get ahold of me for any reason, please feel free to e-mail me. [email protected]

This is the parking lot that we are meeting in......... Check the link Valley Forge Park and look at the map to see where the Arch is at in the park. You'll have to go around the Arch where you'll see the parking lot in the distance. Notice that the road becomes one way as it starts turning to the right. So you might to also look on the map to plan your exit since you will not be able to leave the way you came in.
ParkingLot.jpg

Another view of the parking lot.....this view is from in front of the Arch.
ParkingLot1.jpg

Closer view of the Parking Lot
CloserView.jpg

Lot1.jpg

There is a picnic area at the parking lot.
PicnicArea.jpg

This is right in front of the park entrance.....it is very close to major roads......
Signs.jpg

Be careful when driving through the park as there are deer everywhere. As you will see from the pic, they are not afraid to get close to humans. I have another pic of two deer that were near a walkway and a couple walking their dogs walked about 5 feet from the deer and they never moved. Just keep an eye out. Route 23 is about 15 feet from this deer...........
Deer.jpg

Sunset at the park. This was taking right before 7 pm.
Sunset.jpg

Random picture.........
RearShot.jpg

As always, I'll have a list that I will update from time to time.

snGTstang said:
i might have my friend with his 300zx tt follow us up there. its not a rustang but hey, its another car

Last edited:

mystic04

Established Member
HI Viper yeah sounds good to me as long as the weather holds out should be a nice time.just post where in the park to go .or take a ride till i find all the snakes in one place.

mystic04

Established Member
damm i really like to come to ,but i promsied my son i take him to the grove that day. SO CHANGE IT TO SUNDAY PLEASE:)))
Viper were you driving on RT 320 tonight about 5:30 or so near the wawa in broomall i saw a sliver snake with black letters wondering if that was you or not.

Last edited:

Sharppony

Established Member
The Delaware Valley SVTOA is meeting in the morning on the 18th. Maybe I can get a group together to meet up at the park. Let us know where to meet.:-D

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by mystic04
damm i really like to come to ,but i promsied my son i take him to the grove that day. SO CHANGE IT TO SUNDAY PLEASE:)))
Viper were you driving on RT 320 tonight about 5:30 or so near the wawa in broomall i saw a sliver snake with black letters wondering if that was you or not.
Yup, that was me. I was on my way home from work. I pass that WaWa every day coming home. :beer:

Keep an eye out for a Torch Red Cobra with white racing stripes in that shopping center that the WaWa is in. I've seen him a few times there.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Sharppony
The Delaware Valley SVTOA is meeting in the morning on the 18th. Maybe I can get a group together to meet up at the park. Let us know where to meet.:-D
That would be awesome. If you need directions, let me know and I will help you. It is pretty easy to get to, so Mapquest or Yahoo maps should be enough.

:beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sounds like a great time, i would like to go but my eaton is getting ported at Apten. Anyone from MD going?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Kenny you dog!!!! Getting the Apten and didn't even tell anyone! Knew that $399 September special would reeel some people in........Shooting for the 500/500 club huh?

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yeah Dwight....was gonna surpise you..lol...I couldnt pass up this deal, was gonna do it this winter anyway so I figured i'd save myself 200 bucks and do it now. We'll see how close I can get to 500, might do the AR ported TB/Plenum next, then thats it....I swear, but I've been hearing people say these Cobra's respond well to a little shot of juice......hmmm

Gene....I might try to make it to the G2G next Saturday, I'll see what my GF is doing, maybe we can take her Saleen.

Ken

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt

Gene....I might try to make it to the G2G next Saturday, I'll see what my GF is doing, maybe we can take her Saleen.

Ken
Cool, I hope you two can make it.

What kind of Saleen does she have btw?

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I am from Westminster, MD. I will plan on attending the meeting. Looking forward to it. I drive a 2004 cobra coupe.

I can get there in about 2 hours.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by 2004svtcobra
I am from Westminster, MD. I will plan on attending the meeting. Looking forward to it. I drive a 2004 cobra coupe.

I can get there in about 2 hours.
:rockon: Nice. Bring some other MD Stangs/Sports cars with you if you can.

NJStangFan

CJMF V.P.
Established Member
Originally posted by vipergts281
That would be awesome. If you need directions, let me know and I will help you. It is pretty easy to get to, so Mapquest or Yahoo maps should be enough.

Nope, we're good. I used to like out that way. We'll be up after lunch at Hooters. :coolman: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread