Car loans are +10%, What The Heck!??

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Relevant to this thread, a friend of mine who works at a BMW dealer just sent me this deal that came across his desk the other day. A couple traded in a 97k mile 2013 Lexus LX570 for a 2017 LX570 with 58k miles the dealer had on the pre owned lot. Basically the same exact vehicle just newer with a little less miles. The 17 was on the lot for 58 grand, I think they got about 25 trade in for the 2013 and the pay off was 33 grand so they were upside down on it.

Check out the financing deal they got, Apparently they really wanted a newer than what they had LX570, I hope a new dashboard and 2 extra gears in the transmission was worth 100,818 dollars.

View attachment 1807083
Imagine paying $1400/mo 6 years from now on a 12 year old vehicle. Lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Relevant to this thread, a friend of mine who works at a BMW dealer just sent me this deal that came across his desk the other day. A couple traded in a 97k mile 2013 Lexus LX570 for a 2017 LX570 with 58k miles the dealer had on the pre owned lot. Basically the same exact vehicle just newer with a little less miles. The 17 was on the lot for 58 grand, I think they got about 25 trade in for the 2013 and the pay off was 33 grand so they were upside down on it.

Check out the financing deal they got, Apparently they really wanted a newer than what they had LX570, I hope a new dashboard and 2 extra gears in the transmission was worth 100,818 dollars.

N

That deal won't fund. A bank will return the contract because the year says, "2,017.00" instead of "2017".

I'd have your buddy re-contract it before the people change their mind.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
That deal won't fund. A bank will return the contract because the year says, "2,017.00" instead of "2017".

I'd have your buddy re-contract it before the people change their mind.

I actually asked him about that because I thought it was funny, he said every single contract that comes in through dealertrack looks like that, isn't sure why, but apparently its normal

FWIW he only does the tag and title work for the dealer, he isn't dabbling with anything financial.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I actually asked him about that because I thought it was funny, he said every single contract that comes in through dealertrack looks like that, isn't sure why, but apparently its normal

FWIW he only does the tag and title work for the dealer, he isn't dabbling with anything financial.

Hm. Weird. Technically it shouldn't fund as there will be too many characters. I had Dealertrack years back and it definitely didn't do that.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The federal reserve

They wouldn't lie, right?

Also, is this forward looking or reverse?

How many people in Cali have mortgages on houses they bought 20 years ago and they recently refinanced at 2.5% vs people buying today at 2x 2020 prices and 7%?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The federal reserve

I have beach front property in Lahaina, Hawaii to sell at hood prices too.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
So I posted up in this thread earlier and bragged about the low interest rates USAA hands out.

Quick uodate as I just got off the phone with submitting a new application for a car purchase. Holy crap!!!

So on a 2021-2022 GT500, as of 15 minutes ago, ......8.54%

To put this in perspective, my 2022 F250 purchased 24 months ago is 4.44%

And to go back 30 days before the first lockdowns for Covid came, my 2013 GT500 is at 3.33% and it was clearly an "older car" at time of purchase.

My credit score is a 780 with almost no debt besides a truck and Shelby payment.

Moral of the story, you gotta really want a car bad if the loan is through USAA

jrandy

Established Member
So I posted up in this thread earlier and bragged about the low interest rates USAA hands out.

Quick uodate as I just got off the phone with submitting a new application for a car purchase. Holy crap!!!

So on a 2021-2022 GT500, as of 15 minutes ago, ......8.54%

To put this in perspective, my 2022 F250 purchased 24 months ago is 4.44%

And to go back 30 days before the first lockdowns for Covid came, my 2013 GT500 is at 3.33% and it was clearly an "older car" at time of purchase.

My credit score is a 780 with almost no debt besides a truck and Shelby payment.

Moral of the story, you gotta really want a car bad if the loan is through USAA

Yea, just went through the same thing last month. Closed out on my Bronco in early July and was shocked at the rates. Ended up getting 6% which I initially balked at.

Now, I feel like I did decently.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1807083

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Last year bought my wife a BMW with a 2.7%. Just bought my Jeep a couple weeks ago at 6.49%. Both financed through my Credit Union.

Users who are viewing this thread