car freaked on me

ls1eater

Established Member
So Im heading home from orlando yesterday and one by one stuff starts shutting off in my car. Radio turns off and says low battery on screen then ABS light and trac control light come on, by this point im thinking what the hell, then everything on center counsel shuts down(a/c, all lights ,everything) then about a minute later every electronic in car shuts off (a/c lights, windows, even the gauges read zero and my windshield wipers were barely moving. IT's dark out by this point so Im getting off at the next exit as my lights outside go out so everything on car is off except engine is still running and then car dies on me. I pulled it off side of road, Got it towed home and havent had it checked out yet but wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem like this with there gt500 mine is a 2007. Also the belts are all still in tact cause I was thought maybe the belt came off but still on so Im lost hoping a bad alternator or something not to bad.

Jimmy hit the nail on the head. OP your story sounds eerily similar to my alternator failure. Don't fret. Better an alternator failure than a motor failure any day of the week.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does sound like an alternator issue. Are you still under warranty?

I was looking through your signature and I see "muffler delete". You're running no mufflers?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You were abducted by aliens and they did some anal probing on you. Then erased your memory of ever being abducted.

Go see a pyschologist now.....but remember dont let em put you under hypnosis

ls1eater

Established Member
thx guys it ended up being the alt...answer some questions no car is not under warranty and yes no mufflers a few companies make muffler deletes for the 07+ gt500's and it sounds the best to me...so i went that way

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Classic alternator fail.

I'll be shocked if it is anything but that.

Yup - sounds just like an alt.

Jimmy hit the nail on the head. OP your story sounds eerily similar to my alternator failure. Don't fret. Better an alternator failure than a motor failure any day of the week.

Alternator

Does sound like an alternator issue. Are you still under warranty?

I was looking through your signature and I see "muffler delete". You're running no mufflers?

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I believe it could be your alternator :D

GL 978 RM is replacing part number. Good luck getting one though :uh oh:

thx guys it ended up being the alt...answer some questions no car is not under warranty and yes no mufflers a few companies make muffler deletes for the 07+ gt500's and it sounds the best to me...so i went that way

And there you have it folks.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
that's why I like the Beltronics RX-65 I use... I keep it on the voltage output setting, so I know when my alternator is working or not..

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

sound clip of said muffler delete?

Users who are viewing this thread