car booging down

army_man1014

Established Member
my car did the same thing but at 4500 RPM...i changed the FPDM and put GT pumps in my car and no more problem

ok cool thanks for chiming in man. Did you go with the Stage 2 FPDM. I really dont wanna put new fuel pumps in but i will if i have to. How much did the FT pumps run you?

lxhatch302

Established Member
ok cool thanks for chiming in man. Did you go with the Stage 2 FPDM. I really dont wanna put new fuel pumps in but i will if i have to. How much did the FT pumps run you?

i bought the the GT pumps,fpdm,pprv from lethal for like 500 something bucks i think...if i remember correctly i looked at other sites that were cheaper and they beat their price...

i got a stage 1 right now and a guy locally has a stage 2 so i might pick it up from him

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Charles, what are your mods. I see you're making almost 500rwhp so I'm wondering what fuel mods you have at present.

army_man1014

Established Member
Bob i posted my mods the last time you asked for them lol, but here they are again.

My mods are as follows:Self-Ported Supercharger
2.8 upper / 4 lbs lower pulley*
new intercooler pump
AFCO Dual pass heat exchanger
K&N FIPK II intake
UPR Off-Road X-Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Fidanza Stage 4 Clutch (new TOB)
5.0 Short Throw Shifter (Cobrabob Gasket) & Tranny fluid flushed when I changed the clutch
*60Lbs Injectors
*Mafia Predator MAF Extender
*KB BAP 40amp
*PPRV removed
*Cut Stock Springs

I took her to work today and she ran fine. I got on here coming home and around the 4k range she didnt feel like she was booging down. So maybe its the fuel filter!

army_man1014

Established Member
i cleared the code for the P0148 and started her up and reved a few times and the code didnt come back. then i took her out on the street and got down on her and around 4500-4700 it did it again. Im leaning towards the fuel filter, im going to change it out this weekend so hopefully that fixes the problem.

lxhatch302

Established Member
if it dont id put my money on the FPDM!!!! i changed my fuel filter out and it still did it to mine...put GT pumps and the FPDM in it and was perfect afterwards

SCREAMINSVT

Established Member
maybe you are dumping to much fuel?? causing the car to get to much fuel and causing it to bog you might could carry it to your tuner if you have one or find a good one to take a look at it

gottorque

Established Member
Look into spark blow out. What are your plugs gapped at? My 03 used to do that,before I sold it,at times when getting on it hard around 4-5000 rpms. I changed to ngk br7ef plugs gapped at .033 and the problem went away. With the amount of boost your probably achieving at or near WOT, this might be occuring.

army_man1014

Established Member
Look into spark blow out. What are your plugs gapped at? My 03 used to do that,before I sold it,at times when getting on it hard around 4-5000 rpms. I changed to ngk br7ef plugs gapped at .033 and the problem went away. With the amount of boost your probably achieving at or near WOT, this might be occuring.

ok this weekend im going to change out the plugs and see whats up from there.

maybe you are dumping to much fuel?? causing the car to get to much fuel and causing it to bog you might could carry it to your tuner if you have one or find a good one to take a look at it

I dont really know any reputable tuners for a mustang but i will look around online to see what i can find
if it dont id put my money on the FPDM!!!! i changed my fuel filter out and it still did it to mine...put GT pumps and the FPDM in it and was perfect afterwards

well im hoping its not the FPDM. cause thats like a 300 dollar fix for a stage 2. I wanna do gt pumps but really dont know alot about doin the conversion since this car is new to me also.

SCREAMINSVT

Established Member
i would really look into getting the car tuned and take a look at whats going on he should be able to tell you alot about whats going with your car such as in fuel what i believe your car is having a problem with

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Did you ever get this problem fixed? What was the outcome?

Didnt you ever read the rules of internet auto repair? NEVER POST THE FIX! lol

I had the same issue when I was running a ported eaton but during the KB swap everything was replaced. Tune, injectors, pumps, MDM jr and a fore hat was used. Needles to say my setup runs fine now.

I found this post because I have a buddy with the same issue and would like to hear how the OP corrected the issue.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
THis is not a FPRS cuz ur car will not start if that was the problem and the code for FPDM is p0123 so its not that, the first thing is turn ur ignition on dont start it and hear for the BAP to come on. This happen to me and all it was is the cable that goes into the control module was loose, check it with the ignition on u will b able to hear it if you cant thats ur problem. Also check ur fuse on the BAP and up front under hood DS make sure its a 30amp and not blown.

Users who are viewing this thread