car booging down

army_man1014

Established Member
Well today is the first time i noticed this. but it seems if i get on her and i hit around 4000 rpms it just stops moving. She just bogs out and then if i get on her again she does it again. I don't know if it the fuel cut off or not, but its real annoying. im going to hook it up to the predator to see if any things comes up now

army_man1014

Established Member
um i dont know cause i just bought the car of PHSH3r. so far i put 2500 miles on it in a 5 weeks.

I plugged in the predator and code p0148 came up. do u think my fuel pump is maxed out.

army_man1014

Established Member
i talked to the previous owner and he said the plus and fuel filter was all changes 3 months ago. so I dont think thats the problem..i hope dont have to drop the tank

it only does it at WOT!

army_man1014

Established Member
i think i might off blew the Fuel rail pressure sensor..she didnt throw a code for that but since i dont have the KB disc it might be that. What do u guys think?

if this is true can i drive her normally or should i leave her alone to i get the sensor

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
pprv? idk, not really sure. there is also an inertia switch in the trunk.

army_man1014

Established Member
after reading some other posts on here with people having similar issues like mine Im heading in the direction that its my FPDM. I pretty sure i have a stock one on now but i guess im gonna have to upgrade to a stage 2. what do u guys think?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
sorry no one has been able to help you yet. certainly someone with some knowledge about that trouble code, or someone that has ran into a similar problem will chime in soon. just hang tight, and in the mean time i would be doing as mush research (on this site, google, etc)on that code as i could, and what would cause the code, and possible fixes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Always start with the simple/obvious first. And since you got a trouble code, first find out what the code is. I'm not at the office so I can't look it up right now.

In the future, type your thread title carefully (check for spelling) and add key words. My suggestion for this thread would have been 'Car bogging at 4K rpms. Need help.' Or something similar. Many browse at the titles and may or may not read the thread. So the clearer the title is the more likely you'll get responses. Just a suggestion.

Just a quick comment. In most cases if the FRPS is bad you'll experience stalling and rough idling.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Could be one of those that you mentioned. have you data logged the fuel pump duty cycle? that should tell you if the pumps are pegged or if one might have crapped out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That code p0148 is a fuel delivery error. By the way, what are your mods? That might help diagnose the problem.

Here is were datalogging is definitely a huge benefit.

army_man1014

Established Member
well thanks Bob, from now on I will be a little more clearer when it comes to making my titles.

My mods are as follows:Self-Ported Supercharger
2.8 upper / 4 lbs lower pulley*
new intercooler pump
AFCO Dual pass heat exchanger
K&N FIPK II intake
UPR Off-Road X-Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Fidanza Stage 4 Clutch (new TOB)
5.0 Short Throw Shifter (Cobrabob Gasket) & Tranny fluid flushed when I changed the clutch
*60Lbs Injectors
*Mafia Predator MAF Extender
*KB BAP 40amp
*PPRV removed
*Cut Stock Springs

Now im going to order a new FRPS tomm but i was also researching and it might be the FPDM in the trunk. I will try to datalog something for you guys today but i didnt want to hurt the car worse with this cause somebody told me it could hydrolock my car if i keep driving it.

Last edited:

army_man1014

Established Member
i looked at the FRPS today and to the naked eye it looks pretty good. i don't know if there is anyway of testing the sensor or not but i think its fine. Car runs fine still but it just feels like its hitting the rev limiter when i get on it around 4k. any suggestions. I think the FPDM

army_man1014

Established Member
so i took the car out for a little drive (approx 1 mile today) just to see if the problem was still there and it wasn't doing it. Now this makes me wonder if something is clogged in the tank or something. I got on her as hard as i could in the rain without going overboard but i was in boost pass 4k. I'm going to take her to work tomm to see if i have the same problem or what not. Wish me luck

Users who are viewing this thread