Can this shop be held accountable?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's not jump on the shop when we don't even know who caused the problem. It could very well have been there before the shop did the work, but just not yet seen by the owner. Maybe the oil in the spark plug valleys isn't related to the motor issue. To many questions to pin this one on the shop OR the car owner. The answer may never be known. JMO.

coposrv

Established Member
People should learn from the OP by not bashing the shop out of the gate. With all the used parts going on the motor and the history of the car. Who knows why the problems are there. A few inexpensive test could have said a lot and sometimes you just never know something's wrong until you start wrenching. Tough situation but if I were the shop I would try to help out.

rjs281

Established Member
I dought he wouldn't notice a power drop if he knows his car. The shop should have at least said there is something not right. This was supposed to be a custom tune and not a mail order. Best thing to do is learn to due the work yourself and you won't have to worry about a shop having good customer service.

Last edited:

Colt .45

Established Member
People should learn from the OP by not bashing the shop out of the gate. With all the used parts going on the motor and the history of the car. Who knows why the problems are there. A few inexpensive test could have said a lot and sometimes you just never know something's wrong until you start wrenching. Tough situation but if I were the shop I would try to help out.
Yea, the purpose of this thread was not to bash anyone. Just wanted some opinions. I will say I am a little disappointed the shop didnt care. Would have been easy money for them. Since they don't care, the car is somewhere else.
We had originally planned to install it ourselves, but the quote we got was reasonable for the install.

I dought he wouldn't notice a power drop if he knows his car. The shop should have at least said there is something not right. This was supposed to be a custom tune and not a mail order. Best thing to do is learn to due the work yourself and you won't have to worry about a shop having good customer service.
I agree. The car was running great and getting good mph in the 1/4. We only had about 6 passes on it and was trapping 108 consistent and even hit 109. If this problem was there before the install, it would have trapped a lot higher you think?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'd think your friend is SOL. Unless you find something installed wrong, I wouldn't blame the shop either. Shit happens when you mod a car. Things break and you take the risk. Who is to say there wasn't an issue before and this just made it worse? That's why you have everything checked out before hand.

Users who are viewing this thread