Can this pulley be repaired?

HPLouis

Established Member
I was going through the box of parts for my car and noticed that my stock pulley has a bend in it:
IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

What can I do about this? Can it be bent back? It looks like if I try to use it as is, it’ll chew up the belt.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'd call it a cool paperweight.
Cost/effort to repair? Probably not worth it. And it might eats belts or worse, take out the bearing if not running true.

HPLouis

Established Member
damn, the only problem is I can't find a new one.

I guess it's time to hit SVTPerformance's marketplace.

Thanks

MG0h3

Established Member
Ya, junk. Just get an aftermarket one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
If you plan to buy another one, you have nothing to lose by working on this one to see if you can correct it. Just be sure to spin in at a decent speed on something to check for wobble. If you end up with any sharp burrs, use a file to smooth them out.

HPLouis

Established Member
If you plan to buy another one, you have nothing to lose by working on this one to see if you can correct it. Just be sure to spin in at a decent speed on something to check for wobble. If you end up with any sharp burrs, use a file to smooth them out.

Thanks. I was trying to find a shop that specializes in this. Someplace with a lathe that can balance it too.

HPLouis

Established Member
you have been on here long enough to know that's Garbage !! ill ask what happened???

I know it's trash but I was hoping for something, especially since I couldn't find a stock pulley anymore. The prior owner probably pulled it off the car with a jaw type puller and damaged it when he swapped to the 2.76. I want to have all the stock parts in good condition.

Thankfully, after I posted this thread, I found a guy in the Marketplace who's gonna sell me his stocker so I'm good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's good news that you've found a replacement. I was going to highly recommend you not bother to invest time and money trying to straighten out your pulley. It's just not worth it. Patience in this case would ultimately have landed you one. But that's history. Glad it worked out for you.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Don't waste time or effort on this....

Papaw

Established Member
Agree. You may have nothing to lose on the pulley it's self but I sure wouldn't trust it on my car even if it looked good.
Your car is worth getting a new or perfect used one. Glad you found one.

Users who are viewing this thread