Can a built, synchroed T56 handle repeated 7k shifts on the drastrip?

WannaWhine

Alaskan Steed
Established Member
Any ideas on what I'm looking at for a trans rebuild with the 2/3 3/4 face plating? I'm heavily considering this.

TonyG2

Established Member
It was about $1300, but I avoided shipping costs by dropping off the trans and picking it up. I'm not sure if I'd recommend Hanlon though. The faceplated gears work fine during normal driving, but during WOT powershifts they intermittently grind. It seems like I am the only person in the world who had this problem with a faceplated transmission. I don't want to blame Hanlon, because it could be something unrelated to the trans internals -like a misaligned bellhousing or something. On the other hand, I wasted a lot of money chasing this problem for the past year and replaced many components there were probably still good (clutch, flywheel, pivot stud, cable, clutch fork, pilot bearing, etc.). I even re-aligned the bellhousing, so I'm running out of things to try. But at least I'll get 3 out of 4 good passes at the dragstrip, which is a lot better than when the tranny was synchroed. My next tranny will probably be a new T56 Magnum (maybe with 3/4 faceplated). I am 0 /3 in "rebuilt" transmissions.

Last edited:

WannaWhine

Alaskan Steed
Established Member
Thanks for the response. Makes me consider going with a T56 off the bat. Aren't their two brand of Magnums?

Users who are viewing this thread