Cammed 04 cobra, 2 roll races.

5.4 speedster

Banned
Videos of the lazer red vert will be posted soon. We have me racing the supra, s281sc, wrx, and the sn95 white coupe. They should be great quality

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
T BAG said:
Did AJ ditch the whipple and turbo it? Hes the young guy with the screamin' yellow cobra right?

Ya, thats him and he still has the whipple, now he's just waiting around for me to actually need it from him. He's talking about hanging it and his eaton on the wall (ah, the joys of not being married :lol1: )

Right after the blew the line I did a u-turn and limped the car back home. I watched the video footage we shot while we were still driving w/ the rest of the group. Saw all the smoke and feared the worst (thought I fried the screw bearings and shoved them into the intercooler).

Got the car home, checked the engine real quick for blown plugs/leaks etc. then immediately went to AJ's and took the whipple off his car (needed to come off anyways for the turbo). Brought the whipple to my place, I told them to check the car one last time before we started taking the eaton off. Started it up and Cougar (guy with the 281 E) spotted the vaccum line situation.

His turbo should be done next weekish (HP 57's suppost to arrive today) and I'm trying to persuade him to let Rob down @ SVC tune it.

Last edited:

primo

Established Member
Dude, you're all family, just borrow the whipple and make those cams sing. :rockon: I would like to see how my car hangs with the turbos with my KB + Nitrous. I bet they get me from a roll, but from a dig, my car is nasty. There quite a few whipple/kb's with nitrous that are in the low 10's high 9's. Which vaccum line blew, the one behind the blower?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
T BAG said:
Dude, you're all family, just borrow the whipple and make those cams sing. :rockon: I would like to see how my car hangs with the turbos with my KB + Nitrous. I bet they get me from a roll, but from a dig, my car is nasty. There quite a few whipple/kb's with nitrous that are in the low 10's high 9's. Which vaccum line blew, the one behind the blower?

I don't want to put the whipple on; just bolting it on with the 3.0 upper it has right now coupled with my 6 lb lower and I'd already be @ 25 PSI and I'm on a stock shortblock. I'm very tempted right now to swap it on cause I have the wrong blower for these badass cams (but I knew that when I got the cams).

I want to get my car, the way it sits right now on the 100 octane tune into the 10.9's then I'll start considering the whipple.

AJ is pretty good from a dig, with the amount of boost he is going to be starting off on you 2 will have about the same amount of rwp with you on the sauce (you have a 50 shot @ 19 PSI right?). If your on a SRA you'd do well cause AJ's keepin the IRS for the time being.

Kyle is going to have well over 1000 rwhp and torque once he breaks the VT in. He's going to be shit from a dig only because he's keeping the 6 speed in the car till it blows up (which will be the first time he really runs from a dig :uh oh: ). Makes no sense cause he has the strongest 9 inch rear end I've ever seen on a street car.

EDIT: Ya, it was the line behind the blower.

Last edited:

T-04

50 BMG said:
I don't want to put the whipple on; just bolting it on with the 3.0 upper it has right now coupled with my 6 lb lower and I'd already be @ 25 PSI and I'm on a stock shortblock. I'm very tempted right now to swap it on cause I have the wrong blower for these badass cams (but I knew that when I got the cams).

I want to get my car, the way it sits right now on the 100 octane tune into the 10.9's then I'll start considering the whipple.

AJ is pretty good from a dig, with the amount of boost he is going to be starting off on you 2 will have about the same amount of rwp with you on the sauce (you have a 50 shot @ 19 PSI right?). If your on a SRA you'd do well cause AJ's keepin the IRS for the time being.

Kyle is going to have well over 1000 rwhp and torque once he breaks the VT in. He's going to be shit from a dig only because he's keeping the 6 speed in the car till it blows up (which will be the first time he really runs from a dig :uh oh: ). Makes no sense cause he has the strongest 9 inch rear end I've ever seen on a street car.

EDIT: Ya, it was the line behind the blower.

Well I hope any of my parts come in today like they were suppose to last week but anyways I already know that the weakest link in my setup will be my fuel system so I am going to keep the boost relatively low until I feel like going with a return style system.

Oh yeah James I found the bigger pulley for the Whipple last night.

Akuma

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Kyle is going to have well over 1000 rwhp and torque once he breaks the VT in. He's going to be shit from a dig only because he's keeping the 6 speed in the car till it blows up (which will be the first time he really runs from a dig :uh oh: ). Makes no sense cause he has the strongest 9 inch rear end I've ever seen on a street car.QUOTE]

Ya, ya. Im planing on blowing the T-56 up then getting a 4 speed auto. Just dont want to drop anymore money in the car right now.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I will be looking forward to all of these videos that you speak of. I think Saleens are overrated but the S281-E however, is a different story. :thumbsup:

5.4 speedster

Banned
E's are pretty pathetic if you ask me. Saleens are about aesthetics and suspension. If your going to mention a kick ass saleen how about the S351?

SaleenShelby

Established Member
I love the Es, the S351 are cool too.

5.4 Speedster you have the red saleen in the video right. Do you know how much hp you are putting down?
:burnout:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
E's are pretty pathetic if you ask me. Saleens are about aesthetics and suspension. If your going to mention a kick ass saleen how about the S351?

I was talking about the newer ones but nothing replaces the old school S351.

5.4 speedster

Banned
Yeah I like the 99 s351's. Something about a pushrod in a new edge. The extremes are nice cars and when I drove one it felt great. However, for the price they charged for them there wasn't a whole lot that they offered. I never liked it that saleen got away from the centrifugal chargers on their big dollar cars.

My numbers are 471hp and 463 ftlbs of torque. The tune isn't even 100% yet. I would say more like 80%.

primo

Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
My numbers are 471hp and 463 ftlbs of torque. The tune isn't even 100% yet. I would say more like 80%.

That seems about right, guestimating that 50 didn't pull on you that bad. I would guess his car is around 525 ish

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
As far as E's go...they're unique and rare but are the worst price vs performance production Saleen to date.

If I was dropping 60K+ in coin on a Saleen, it would be the one with a 351 pushrod and a centri. I almost bought a 99 but decided on the 04 cause it was almost 1/2 the price.

T BAG said:
That seems about right, guestimating that 50 didn't pull on you that bad. I would guess his car is around 525 ish

Thats what I'm guessing too. On "91" octane, tune is just about there, and I've got waaaay high IAT2 temps right now.

I'm hoping this uprgaded coolant resorvoir delivers 13-15 rwhp like P-Fab says...this stock coolant reservoir shit ain't cuttin it at all.

Cougar S-281E said:
Good God Man……I love the way you think. :beer:

Mabey next time you'll show up and stop messing with that 500 ;-)

Last edited:

phenix

Established Member
fun cruisin with you. to bad you had to turn back so soon! it was nice and cool up in payson

-btw i was in the white saleen Rep.

Users who are viewing this thread