Cammed 04 cobra, 2 roll races.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Wow, this old thread... :lol1:

fast1 said:
Nice video. Something I noticed though, during your "first WOT run" as the engine is climbing through the RPM's, it sounds kinda weird. Like it's "surging" or something? I really can't explain it. I thought someone else would mention it.

Thats a combination of low traction with an uneven road. It's never done that since.

Here is the link again, if someone wants to host it feel free.

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2SIP5BFYLGN2Q3PP9CI6IGWVBV

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, DO NOT do stage 3 cams with an eaton. My horsepower curve looks basically like a upside down U. The eaton can't keep up with the cams after ~5500 RPM's, and the car just falls on it's face. Guess thats what you get for being the first one to do that combo ( I knew I'd move to a twin screw later and didn't want to regret getting stage 2's later on down the road). But the cams sound awesome...

Car put down ~525/530 in 90+* weather on MT full drag slicks, 91 octane. 100 octane #'s were "a bit" ;-) higher.

I'm swapping to a 2.2L KB with the same boost as the eaton (17 PSI), and will do a 19 (possibly 21 PSI) 100 octane tune.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
50 can u post a dyno graph? The MT skicks will have an adverse effect on the dyno as well as the heat...if u want to dyno again for better #'s, try street tires.

BTW, I am getting this vid hosted as I post.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Here are some things to consider about the video:

1) It was 105-110 degrees ambient temp outside, and the elevation was above 2000 feet.
2) My tune was ~90%, only had a 91 octane tune at the time, which is what I was running for gas in the video.
3) I was still on the stock intercooler reservoir (dumb).
4) The red vert I was rolling against runs mid/high 11's
5) I didn't downshift in the 1st race against him.
6) The second race I had already blew my vaccum line.

Just wish I had more time to screw with this setup...

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Dave-

Thanks for hosting the vid... Wish I had better tires for the dyno and that we also did it in the winter. I think my 100 octane tune would have been higher than JDM's 600/600 record on 100 octane/Apten port. Nevermind if my car had stage 2's instead of 3's...

I can't get a graph up for a while, I don't (nor do any of my friends) have a working scanner right now. You're not the first person asking for it :rolling:

I never really looked much at this graph cause I don't really care about the #'s...need to get to fireturd (where the crappiness in track prep is only exceeded by the ambient temps :lol1: ) for some track times before I sell this blower setup.

Just looked @ the graph again, I was mistaken about it. There are so many damn lines graphed out on 1 plot (a/f, mph, rpm, PSI, ft-lbs, HP) and the colors are so close in hue I mistook horsepower with boost. Double checking, my horsepower never falls off all the way to 6490 RPM's. Max torque hits @ 3750 RPM's. A/F never gets above 11.2 except briefly around 5000 RPM's.

Here is the completely stupid part, this car is making max boost at ~4300 RPM's (triple checked it). It stay's level till about 4,600 RPMS then nose dives badly (where the upside down "U" really applies). At 6490 RPM's my boost has dropped well over 25% off peak levels and the car still pulls up to the ~520rwhp mark.

Anyways, I'll see if my parents have a scanner and try to get this thing up.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Last edited:

primo

Established Member
We need to run em' James as soon as you get your twin screw on :beer: I just got a nasty nitrous tune from RWTD.

Users who are viewing this thread