[Callout:] ANY 2011+ AED Tuned Bolt-on Coyote in Tampa, FL with >400whp dyno sheet

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
If you're in the area, swing by the shop again and ask for the .drf files. Then go to winpep7 website and download the dyno viewer software where you can load the file and see the run in any correction factor or scale that you want.

or just tell darrell to email you the sae one lol

BMR Tech

Typically, on a hot day....STD is higher than SAE.

If you use the correction factor, you can't do it on a corrected amount, you have to use the uncorrected numbers.

A good rule of thumb in a case like this one, you can expect the SAE number to be about 3% lower than the STD numbers on your graph posted above..

Nonetheless, good stuff. Would have liked to see the AED in 5th.

BMR Tech

Actually, STD is higher just about every time.

The STD conditions are more ideal, compared to SAE.

It's been a long time, but IIRC STD corrects to a temp somewhere in the high 60's and SAE corrects for temps In the mid 70's. I'm sure a google search would give you more accurate info.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Typically, on a hot day....STD is higher than SAE.

If you use the correction factor, you can't do it on a corrected amount, you have to use the uncorrected numbers.

A good rule of thumb in a case like this one, you can expect the SAE number to be about 3% lower than the STD numbers on your graph posted above..

Nonetheless, good stuff. Would have liked to see the AED in 5th.

The third dyno pull was a 5th gear AED pull and you can see where it was showing more power right up until about 140mph. With the 3.31s, it seems there is just too much roller drag with them spinning 140+mph and the power tapers off. Assuming the numbers would continue to follow the same trend as they were from 2500-5500, he would be about 15/15 higher.

Just my $.02 of course.

BMR Tech

The third dyno pull was a 5th gear AED pull and you can see where it was showing more power right up until about 140mph. With the 3.31s, it seems there is just too much roller drag with them spinning 140+mph and the power tapers off. Assuming the numbers would continue to follow the same trend as they were from 2500-5500, he would be about 15/15 higher.

Just my $.02 of course.

He said the 3rd was a Lund tune, in 5th... ??

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
He said the 3rd was a Lund tune, in 5th... ??

Hm, I reread what spoolin posted and I must be mistaken then. I thought he preloaded the Lund tune, drove to the dyno, made his first pull, then made back to back aed pulls.

Either way, you can see how the power falls off on 5th gear 3.31 gear dyno pulls. 180mph is just too much drag apparently.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Hm, I reread what spoolin posted and I must be mistaken then. I thought he preloaded the Lund tune, drove to the dyno, made his first pull, then made back to back aed pulls.

Either way, you can see how the power falls off on 5th gear 3.31 gear dyno pulls. 180mph is just too much drag apparently.
Nope AED tune was first. The lund tune was popping way to much for me. It was kinda of embarrassing. Next time we meet up I will show you.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nope AED tune was first. The lund tune was popping way to much for me. It was kinda of embarrassing. Next time we meet up I will show you.

My mistake then. Either way, good numbers and a strong runner.

Friday sucked with the rain. Stay tuned for the next meet. Shoot me a text if you want to meet up today for a daytime run. :beer:

Devil_Z

Established Member
try launching almost 700hp on street tires lol.

Still no Florida AED car?? WTF Im not N/A but if I was and there (and NA)Id be down to run. I like the fact you want to give it a run. Shit its a race, lol you win some and lose some. Ive lost to cars that had 200 less hp because of the tire I was on. I congratulated them for being smart enough to call me out at a roll that is not conducive to my cars current setup and working in their advantage.

No shit right. Even with 345s there is no traction with street tires in first. ..and that's w/out using nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread