Cali's Dead WTF?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
You shouldn't mess with the mods. Plus, he has a faster car than yours and he has ET Streets too. That would be a good N Cali vs S Cali face off. PModdy vs 03DOHC.

:eek: Not even. His complete Stock Cobra wouldnt stand a chance against my Focus :p

stang99

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:eek: Not even. His complete Stock Cobra wouldnt stand a chance against my Focus :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

03DOHC

Established Member
Looks like the 29th will be a big day for NorCal and SoCal timeslips.:beer:

I think I'm going to try launching above idle this time. I might even play with a 3-4 powershift. I just don't want to mess up the clutch so I'm going to be easy on my baby.

Today I massaged her with a hand wash and a coat of klasse. She might not be fast but she sure is purty.:-D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC

I think I'm going to try launching above idle this time. I might even play with a 3-4 powershift. I just don't want to mess up the clutch.

Well I think P. is doing the 3-4 powershifts....:shrug:

I know i can hear Juan Chirping 3rd - 4th shifts :eek:

Weather better hold up for us all in Cali :D

stang99

The stock clutch is pretty good as long as you have an adjustable quadrant. Jhwalker has been beating his vert to death on the original stock clutch on 16" ET Streets with back to back runs and the clutch is still working. You just don't want to slip the clutch.
PModdy has called your car out. Something about his Focus being able to beat your car. Maybe you should lock the thread or ban him?

For a fee, we can put him into the ICE CHEST next time we see him :beer: :beer: :beer:

I think I'm going to try launching above idle this time. I might even play with a 3-4 powershift. I just don't want to mess up the clutch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
(Users Browsing this Forum: safado, 03DOHC, 03_Sonic Blur, Tetge, CobraGirlSVT, socalcobra03, Nuance, InS0mNiAc, Poisonous Mods)

Well I guess its a little busy on this side of the forum :beer:

Damn....bed time :nonono:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
PModdy has called your car out. Something about his Focus being able to beat your car. Maybe you should lock the thread or ban him?

:eek: U JERK! Dont be surprised if all of the sudden......ur clutch feels wacky this saturday @ C-bad :shrug:....well hold ur breath as well :p

03DOHC

Established Member
The stock clutch is pretty good as long as you have an adjustable quadrant. Jhwalker has been beating his vert to death on the original stock clutch on 16" ET Streets with back to back runs and the clutch is still working. You just don't want to slip the clutch.
That's good to hear. I've only made 3 passes so I don't have an idea of how well these cars hold up. I'm afraid of breaking her so I wont launch or shift hard. I'm not willing to break my car to get a timeslip to brag about.

My little old slow POS? I'll concede right now that he's faster. :thumbsup:

stang99

At Carlsbad. when he went 11.999 on jhwalker's Et Streets, Juan launched at 5800 RPM with his OEM stock clutch. Another example of an OEM clutch holding up to some serious racing. It's an 11" clutch so it is not some weak little piece of junk. Once you get the quadrant on it, it grabs pretty well.

That's good to hear. I've only made 3 passes so I don't have an idea of how well these cars hold up. I'm afraid of breaking her so I wont launch or shift hard. I'm not willing to break my car to get a timeslip to brag about.

My little old slow POS? I'll concede right now that he's faster. :thumbsup:

03DOHC

Established Member
At Carlsbad. when he went 11.999 on jhwalker's Et Streets, Juan launched at 5800 RPM with his OEM stock clutch. Another example of an OEM clutch holding up to some serious racing. It's an 11" clutch so it is not some weak little piece of junk. Once you get the quadrant on it, it grabs pretty well.
Jeez 5800!:uh oh: I think I'll try something like 2000 maybe 3000 rpm, just enough to get her moving a little quicker. That should be plenty good enough for me.

stang99

Bring it on the 23rd; PMouthy. After you take me out, you can win the bracket racing and take home the money. Second place in our
category was $100, last time. So first place is more than $100. This time I am taking a white marker (I bought one at the store) and I am dialing in close to my ET. I cut a .550 light against my opponent last time but my dial was way off. It would be cool to win the money, especially from that bunch of robbers at C-Bad.
As I said: BRING IT. And, you better fill your bottle

stang99

Yah, dem is fahten wurds fur sure. N we stil has da ICE CHEST.
But you did get the Calif forum whored up, so, you are still the post master.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yah, dem is fahten wurds fur sure. N we stil has da ICE CHEST.
But you did get the Calif forum whored up, so, you are still the post master.

11/22 :??: F-no. Bring it on 11/29 ;-)

Cant go tomorrow plus the weather doesnt look that good.

Yeah yeah .550 light aint nothing :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread