Cali Smog thread

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
As many of us will be coming due for a smog check in our Terminators soon I'm curious how a modified Terminator will fare. I believe mine is due this year in July.

If you have had your Terminator smogged what were the results of the sniffer pass or fail? (the actual numbers would be nice). Did you pass visual? Also a list of mods and whether a canned or dyno tune and in particular what midpipe are you running.

Thanks.
Lee

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
I have limited success smogging my cars in CA, but I'll get this started. My 03 is bone stock minus a cat back and I had to take it to 3 places before I could even get it tested... the third guy stuck his head under the car and agreed to test it once he saw cats. Of course it passed fine once it was tested. I eventually gave up trying to get my 98 to pass, so I just keep it registered out of state.

Matt

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Wondering how mine is going to do. Hoping to put a KMember on soon, hopefully that will make it easier when having to go back to a stock header. Bassani Mids with Catted X are on there currently.

No CARB # on intake though, Smog is such a pain sometimes.

Anyone know how they treat Whipple cars? I've seen a CARB number on the FRPP S197 3V kits, but doesn't look like the Cobra 140 kits get them.

68gtscode

Established Member
Wondering how mine is going to do. Hoping to put a KMember on soon, hopefully that will make it easier when having to go back to a stock header. Bassani Mids with Catted X are on there currently.

No CARB # on intake though, Smog is such a pain sometimes.

Anyone know how they treat Whipple cars? I've seen a CARB number on the FRPP S197 3V kits, but doesn't look like the Cobra 140 kits get them.

Not sure about about the headers- that's why I got rid of my new kooks long tubes. As for the Whipple, check out this link... I would also call Whipple to ask. Good Luck!

ARB Aftermarket Executive Order - Search results.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
I'm thinking that with a CARB sticker for the Whipple, nobody other than a Cobra guy or Ford tech would notice a different pulley installed.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Does the FIPK or any other intake kit carry a CARB #? I tossed my stock airbox while ago :bash:

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
The FIPK does have a C.A.R.B number. I'm sure you can get a replacement sticker from K&N.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ill be finding out soon, but with the stock midpipes on and nothing flashy under the hood, should pass pretty good.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
well i am sure that mine will be up soon enough, along with an increase in the vehicle license fee :bash:

my plan is to re-install the stock airbox, install a billetflow 3.65 pulley while removing the snub idler, and re-flash back to the stock tune. i don't know if it will be necessary, but that is prolly what i will do.

jerardogav

Established Member
I went to go get my DD smogged and made him few questions he said he will smog a car if it has an intake without a carb sticker as long as everything was hooked up and cats were where they are supposed to be doesnt matter if they were aftermarket.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
**** all this, having a 'special' place where to take it FTMFW.

Although I don't have an 03/04 Cobra, it doesn't really matter as long as it passes, lol.

djtyau

Established Member
Passed with a Whipple on a 3.5 pulley, catted prochamber with stingers, rwtd tune, powerstack filter, 60lb injectors, BAP, mafia, and stock throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread