Premium Member
Interesting choice of words
it sounded better than "baby momma's dad" lol

we all get along, thank god.

and my kid has car culture in her blood from either direction so that's a win

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Don’t know why launch control was not used as it would have been a way different outcome. Chevy did a great job with the launch control and quickness off the line, with the new platform. Love both cars.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I see the 05-06 models quite often, but a local guy deals them with what I understand to be quite the volume. Not like I can even go in (went once with an employee after hours for a pickup and they were not at all nice to a regular car enthusiast) but it's still kinda neat.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I see the 05-06 models quite often, but a local guy deals them with what I understand to be quite the volume. Not like I can even go in (went once with an employee after hours for a pickup and they were not at all nice to a regular car enthusiast) but it's still kinda neat.

Isn't that where ArabianOak gets his cars?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Remember when Ford built cars that anyone could buy? Those were the days.

And yet there are GT500s, GT350s... Ford had more performance cars in their lineup at one time than GM has had in recent memory.

Do you know how much the road version of the GT40 cost?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That sounds super attainable.

Built in 31 units, this version looked more similar to the race-spec GT40. Second, the Mk III was stunningly expensive. Advertised at $18,500, they cost about $2,000 more than a race car (that's about $173,000 in January 2023).

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
5 times more attainable then a GT. Thats if Willy wonka Ford choo choo chooses you to be able to purchase one. Could ford have made this car out of aluminum and plastic with a non Ferrari price tag? Guess we will never know.

Good grief, anyone ever told you you whine a lot? It's baffling to me that someone could whine so much about something that they could never own in the first place. You wanted them to cheapen it? You wanted a plastic interior and aluminum body panels? I bet those one-off molds for the aluminum would be super cheap as well, and people just love Ford's cheap plastic interiors. So instead of the car costing $660k it would then cost $400k or do you think that would really bring it under $100k?

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Good grief, anyone ever told you you whine a lot? It's baffling to me that someone could whine so much about something that they could never own in the first place. You wanted them to cheapen it? You wanted a plastic interior and aluminum body panels? I bet those one-off molds for the aluminum would be super cheap as well, and people just love Ford's cheap plastic interiors. So instead of the car costing $660k it would then cost $400k or do you think that would really bring it under $100k?
So Ford can’t build this car for less than 500k? But GM can build the mid engine vette for 70k? I guess this says a lot about Ford. Also I would never buy a eco boost super car. Ever. For that price I would buy a Ferrari or Lambo all day. I get it tho, the 5 people that got this car not named John Cena love it. The rest simp for it because of brand loyalty I guess. Either way it’s a huge let down to actual Ford customers.

Users who are viewing this thread