c8 vs hellcat charger at the track

My94GT

Established Member
I don't see the snow or ice, mps4 or any other summer high performance tire would be awesome for street, cornering and maybe a strip run twice a year. Could I drop at 5k rpm, no. Will I get the best 60 time, no. Will I have a great tire for great performance tire on the street and backroads, yes.

In that case plenty of better street tires you could run on the hellcat and get more traction. I think any of these 700hp cars are going to have their struggles from a dog on the street but you can make it more manageable.

keep in mind I’m only debating this just to debate. If I were to dump my ram right now for a fun capable all around car that I could still load the family in, I’d be hopping into a Benz E63s since I still see winter weather and the awd would come in handy

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
In that case plenty of better street tires you could run on the hellcat and get more traction. I think any of these 700hp cars are going to have their struggles from a dog on the street but you can make it more manageable.

keep in mind I’m only debating this just to debate. If I were to dump my ram right now for a fun capable all around car that I could still load the family in, I’d be hopping into a Benz E63s since I still see winter weather and the awd would come in handy
I would go with pilot sport 4 or the Firestone Indy 500 305/35/20 at all 4 corners. I think these are both better than the pzero summer tire.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see the snow or ice, mps4 or any other summer high performance tire would be awesome for street, cornering and maybe a strip run twice a year. Could I drop at 5k rpm, no. Will I get the best 60 time, no. Will I have a great tire for great performance tire on the street and backroads, yes.

A scat pack sounds more your speed.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
A scat pack sounds more your speed.

I know people talk like they can be the red headed step child of the hellcat but the few I’ve trounced on were pretty fun, sounded great, and are priced great.
The scat wide at $40k is awesome!
Wide HC and 305 will work. If not lots of used rs7/e63/m5 two years old for the $70k range works great too.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with pilot sport 4 or the Firestone Indy 500 305/35/20 at all 4 corners. I think these are both better than the pzero summer tire.
None of those will come close to enough traction with 700+hp on boost. It seems like you haven’t driven any high power RWD cars.
You seem to have a strange hatred for R-compound tires when the reality is, if you want to have big boy RWD power, you absolutely need the right tires.
I get that you like corners, so a Hellcat on R888Rs would blow your mind. Scats are good cars, but they are comparatively slow compared to Hellcats or any boosted V8.
And the running costs of any used German AWD super sedan you mentioned are much more expensive than a new HC.
I really don’t have much to discuss with a ‘car guy’ who can’t be bothered with 2 sets of wheels/tires. You want power, you make compromises or spend huge $$$.
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
None of those will come close to enough traction with 700+hp on boost. It seems like you haven’t driven any high power RWD cars.
You seem to have a strange hatred for R-compound tires when the reality is, if you want to have big boy RWD power, you absolutely need the right tires.
I get that you like corners, so a Hellcat on R888Rs would blow your mind. Scats are good cars, but they are comparatively slow compared to Hellcats or any boosted V8.
And the running costs of any used German AWD super sedan you mentioned are much more expensive than a new HC.
I really don’t have much to discuss with a ‘car guy’ who can’t be bothered with 2 sets of wheels/tires. You want power, you make compromises or spend huge $$$.
-J
You said a lot for not having much to discuss.
Running safely on the street when a shower or any sort of gravel/dirt are on the road tread makes a huge difference. As said before dr are nothing special and not the fastest thing out there. If youre really the baller you think you are you’d be running slicks with enough sidewalk that crease when the gas is stomped.
As far as those German certified 100k warranty, I think they will do fine on the street.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I’ve driven R888’s in the rain in one of my old Cobras. 672rwhp and did just fine IMO. Traction control was tuned out too.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
You said a lot for not having much to discuss.
Running safely on the street when a shower or any sort of gravel/dirt are on the road tread makes a huge difference. As said before dr are nothing special and not the fastest thing out there. If youre really the baller you think you are you’d be running slicks with enough sidewalk that crease when the gas is stomped.
As far as those German certified 100k warranty, I think they will do fine on the street.

For all the people who claim drag radials are deadly in the rain, here is a video I took in my Hellcat running 305 NT555R drag radials. I made it home safe and sound and Never lost traction once.
If you don't drive like an idiot, you have nothing to fear daily driving DR's.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
For all the people who claim drag radials are deadly in the rain, here is a video I took in my Hellcat running 305 NT555R drag radials. I made it home safe and sound and Never lost traction once.
If you don't drive like an idiot, you have nothing to fear daily driving DR's.

Why not slicks? I don’t understand people who want to drive leaving performance on the table.
Some are ok with the performance of dr knowing they’re slower than slicks at the track and some are ok with high performance summer tires knowing they’re slower than dr.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Why not slicks? I don’t understand people who want to drive leaving performance on the table.
Some are ok with the performance of dr knowing they’re slower than slicks at the track and some are ok with high performance summer tires knowing they’re slower than dr.

Why are you being so obtuse? Or are you really this dense?

MG0h3

Established Member

Clearly you’ve never owned either.

By slick, you’re referring to bias ply. You then have to run bias ply up front. You sacrifice a ton of handling. Be lucky to get a five hundred miles out of them.

Drs are more stable while having the same tread compound. Sizing more favorable to running a good matching rim size.

So it’s a go between slicks and a “street tire”

Quit acting like a ****ing child.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, I wish I could have a Hellcat Charger as my daily out here. Love those cars.
One of the hottest and fastest cars out there.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Why are you being so obtuse? Or are you really this dense?

Clearly you’ve never owned either.

By slick, you’re referring to bias ply. You then have to run bias ply up front. You sacrifice a ton of handling. Be lucky to get a five hundred miles out of them.

Drs are more stable while having the same tread compound. Sizing more favorable to running a good matching rim size.

So it’s a go between slicks and a “street tire”

Quit acting like a ****ing child.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app
Someone said it’s dumb to run the 1320 on a slower(oem) HC tire and that one should run dr.

If that is the case it’s dumb to run dr when et streets or straight up slicks and skinnies can run faster.
I’m choosing to run a slower tire just as you are choosing to run a slower tire by only using drag radials.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Man, I wish I could have a Hellcat Charger as my daily out here. Love those cars.
One of the hottest and fastest cars out there.

I’ve thought about it here because of the weather and I have kids. But that would leave me without a Mustang and if I’m going to have a car payment of $500+ i would love a 13-14 GT500.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Someone said it’s dumb to run the 1320 on a slower(oem) HC tire and that one should run dr.

If that is the case it’s dumb to run dr when et streets or straight up slicks and skinnies can run faster.
I’m choosing to run a slower tire just as you are choosing to run a slower tire by only using drag radials.

Serious question:
Have you ever owned a vehicle with enough power to break the tires loose in any gear other than first?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Serious question:
Have you ever owned a vehicle with enough power to break the tires loose in any gear other than first?
It’s interesting that everyone cares so much about my thoughts/experience.
You keep saying I can’t drive without dr because I will lose performance.
My question is simple. Why stop at the dr? Why not run slicks and skinnies like the et drag pros on the cobra jet. If your run anything less you are giving up time and speed!

blk02edge

Established Member
It’s interesting that everyone cares so much about my thoughts/experience.
You keep saying I can’t drive without dr because I will lose performance.
My question is simple. Why stop at the dr? Why not run slicks and skinnies like the et drag pros on the cobra jet. If your run anything less you are giving up time and speed!
Wtf are you even trying to argue? What's your idea of a perfect setup then? Why bother run a CFTP on cup 2's when a Hoosier is faster?

Max performance comes at a cost, you either compromise or you trailer a car to the track where you then run non DOT max effort tires...

Different strokes different folks, do whatever you want.

This is the kind of person who says Demon crates are aftermarket...

/Rant over

Users who are viewing this thread