c8 vs hellcat charger at the track

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That wasn't even close! I expected the C8 to kick ass, but not quite to that extent. The upcoming Z06 and ZR1s are going to be freaking monsters!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wait, what did the Hellcat run?
My Charger was 100% stock except for 10.5” replica rears and 305/35/20 NT555Rs and went 11.07@127 with my golf clubs and baby seat in it.
If it went anything but low 11s or they were running non drag radials, then they don’t know how to do it.
-J

2011fiveliter

Established Member
That hellcat charger driver was hard to watch. When I had my hellcat challenger with only 275/40r20 MT et s/s tire on the car. I never made a pass slower than 10.9 at 129. 30 plus passes in the car and it woul run consistant 10.8-10.9 between 129-130 every time. I dont know how guys screw up these cars so bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What does a Charger HC run with oem or non d/r tires stock?
Wait, what did the Hellcat run?
My Charger was 100% stock except for 10.5” replica rears and 305/35/20 NT555Rs and went 11.07@127 with my golf clubs and baby seat in it.
If it went anything but low 11s or they were running non drag radials, then they don’t know how to do it.
-J
That hellcat charger driver was hard to watch. When I had my hellcat challenger with only 275/40r20 MT et s/s tire on the car. I never made a pass slower than 10.9 at 129. 30 plus passes in the car and it woul run consistant 10.8-10.9 between 129-130 every time. I dont know how guys screw up these cars so bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

I guess I do not understand why anyone would go to the track with 700+ hp running OEM all season tires.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
With a little practice and some half decent prep, 11.3-11.5 should be easily attainable.

Everyone that thinks driving an Auto means getting in it and stabbing the throttle on Green has never driven a powerful late model car ;)
Its an exercise for sure. Hell, getting my Scat Pack to go 1.83 to the 60' on the stock 245 goodyears was like a major accomplishment in my own mind.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I guess I do not understand why anyone would go to the track with 700+ hp running OEM all season tires.

Maybe I am hard headed, but I like to baseline everything in stock trim. If/when I get my Hellcat, first trip to the track will indeed be on stock tires just to challenge myself to make a decent pass.
I desperately wanted to run our Redeye in stock trim on the 305 Pirellis, but everyone thought I was crazy.
Then a few weeks later some guy went like 10.89 on the stock tires in his Redeye with some good prep.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I can’t speak for anyone else but I want to drive my car and not worry about carrying extra wheels tires around for the 1320. Drive in, run, drive home. Maybe I’m basic or lazy?

xblitzkriegx

Established Member

starts at 4 minutes. C8 ran 11.4 @ 119, 1.74 60'. charger staged wrong or lights malfunctioned and he red lit, he didnt move for quite a while then spun very badly through first and second. no surprise really.

he ran a similar to vs the challenger hellcat m6 who spun VERY badly and ran a 12.12.

he rematched the charger and won again. charger ran a 12.20 or something but at 123mph vs his 116.

what ive gathered from this video is that each time, two avg drivers lined up and the rear weight bias plus computer one. basically, exactly the outcome youd expect. however, almost no one races from a dig anymore on the street so whats likely to happen is that the C8 is going to get freight trained from a roll considering the hellcat cars were putting 4-6 mph higher trap speeds. again, just as youd expect really.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
With a little practice and some half decent prep, 11.3-11.5 should be easily attainable.

Everyone that thinks driving an Auto means getting in it and stabbing the throttle on Green has never driven a powerful late model car ;)
Its an exercise for sure. Hell, getting my Scat Pack to go 1.83 to the 60' on the stock 245 goodyears was like a major accomplishment in my own mind.
honestly thats way impressive. that requires a very practiced throttle application in first gear. 275s doesnt make it much easier either if its a street tire.

Users who are viewing this thread