C8 Corvette = mid engine

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
GM even said it themselves when they saw the new FGT. Upon viewing it at the unveiling they were quoted as saying "Ours will have a V8". What more proof do you need?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Isn't this the same rumor that's been flying around since the 60's?

I'm also surprised GM would let the price jump from $56k to the mid 80's.
No matter how good, I think that will kill a huge chunk of the fan base.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member

It's probably going to be in addition to the front engine models, not replacing them.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
GM even said it themselves when they saw the new FGT. Upon viewing it at the unveiling they were quoted as saying "Ours will have a V8". What more proof do you need?

I just don't believe it will be a '19 that goes on sale in '18. That would make the C7 only 5 model years. Or if it does, it will be something that sells along side the current generation "regular" vette.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
It's probably going to be in addition to the front engine models, not replacing them.

I disagree. If you want a front engine car then buy the camaro. If you don't want to pay $80k then pay $56k and get a camaro. What i can't figure out is if the caddy will be mid engine or not? The caddy may be offered in two different engine location configurations but because of the camaro i don't think the corvette will be available that way.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

This. They've been teasing this forever.

D1SC_GT

Banned
The C7 was JUST released and they're already testing the C8?

Looks like the new Ford GT wet some GM beds

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The C7 was JUST released and they're already testing the C8?

Looks like the new Ford GT wet some GM beds

The C7 was very much a compromised generation, as GM was still experiencing very hard times when the program was approved and funded. Think of it as more of a C6.5. It won't have near the run the C6 gen had.

This car has been in development much longer than the new Ford was known about. Beside, they won't really be viewed as being in the same class. One is a mass produced car that anyone can walk into a dealership and buy, the other a limited run "special edition" car. The pricing won't be close either.

A mid engine vette naturally makes sense. It will move the car up into what many consider a true super car layout. This will also free a lot of space up for the camaro, and essentially eliminate the overlap that they sorta have right now.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
I disagree. If you want a front engine car then buy the camaro. If you don't want to pay $80k then pay $56k and get a camaro. What i can't figure out is if the caddy will be mid engine or not? The caddy may be offered in two different engine location configurations but because of the camaro i don't think the corvette will be available that way.

No.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
For sure should name it a different name and keep the Corvette what it is. Vettes can keep racing in their respective class and put this one in something up the line.

I don't think it will be in the same market as a GT, even going mid engine.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
For sure should name it a different name and keep the Corvette what it is. Vettes can keep racing in their respective class and put this one in something up the line.

I don't think it will be in the same market as a GT, even going mid engine.

The tremendous price difference alone will keep them in seperate markets. I could afford a C8, FGT not in this life time.

Z06

Established Member
That is not the C8. You guys forgetting about the ZR1, no where in that picture implies thats a midengine layout. Looks like a C7 in camo again!

paragraphimage.jpg

C7 Z06 in camo above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread