C7 Z06 A8 100% stock (yes stock tires) record [email protected]

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Yes I get it its MIR in December...but still pretty impressive. That is all.

[youtube_browser]4_-6xmOGu4w[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Mr Incredible

Established Member
That is very impressive!

But it shows exactly what my issue has always been with GM vehicles. You can get a factory freak that's a monster at the track and will never have a single bit of problems, and your neighbor buys one and it's a piece of crap that blows its motor and spends half the time in the shop. Their quality control is terrible. I've had a GM pickup that was flawless and then I bought a Trailblazer SS that was in the shop 14 times in the first year. I have a 2012 Grand Sport now, and the only thing that has gone wrong on it so far is the fuel level sending unit (knock on wood).

HandBanana

Established Member
That is very impressive!

But it shows exactly what my issue has always been with GM vehicles. You can get a factory freak that's a monster at the track and will never have a single bit of problems, and your neighbor buys one and it's a piece of crap that blows its motor and spends half the time in the shop. Their quality control is terrible. I've had a GM pickup that was flawless and then I bought a Trailblazer SS that was in the shop 14 times in the first year. I have a 2012 Grand Sport now, and the only thing that has gone wrong on it so far is the fuel level sending unit (knock on wood).

^ This. They're as bad as DSMs.

Still really impressive though.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I agree with above...ive had 35+ GM vehicles. Oddly enough its mainly how they have worked with me and the given issues as to whats turned me off.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I hate to agree with meathead but there is no such thing... There is such a thing as an owner that is very meticulous/skilled/knowledgeable. The owners make the car, not the other way around.

All vehicle manufactures have issues. My last vehicle was brand new F150. I loved that thing but it had a variety of "issues" within the 1st year of ownership.

thomp7k

Established Member
I agree 100% with ZYBORG, every car or truck will have some kind of issues.. Does not matter if it's GM, Ford, Dodge, etc... some more than others.., and then once in a blue moon you buy a Car or Truck that is a joy to own and performs well ... Like this C7 Z06, I must say for a stock car to run 10:41 at 134 mph, it just outstanding

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I agree with that. My issues was always with how things were handled. Just recently my 09 duramax with 80k miles was out of warrarnty for rust by 3 days...you got that 3 days...I took 10 calls to GM to have them step up and help me pay 50%. I get it deadlines are deadlines but it was a $60k+ vehicle that does not live up north OR near the beach and was garage kept. It should not be rusting already.

jleews6

Established Member
I hate to agree with meathead but there is no such thing... There is such a thing as an owner that is very meticulous/skilled/knowledgeable. The owners make the car, not the other way around.

All vehicle manufactures have issues. My last vehicle was brand new F150. I loved that thing but it had a variety of "issues" within the 1st year of ownership.

What are you talking about? All you do is show up to the track and run. Isnt how all the fast guys do it? :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is REALLY impressive. 134.3 mpg trap. Bone stock as received from the factory. :bowdown: Gotta love that A8.

I like those wheels a lot.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I've driven both a M7 and A8 C7 Z06... The A8 feels noticeably quicker. The manual just seems to be dialed down for some reason. Save the driveline???
That's fast though...

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Man I wish I lived near MIR so I could make some hero runs in some cars like this in the video. Mine shaft air, good 60' because of good track prep and the auto equals some killer times(same goes for a manual and a good driver at the same track with the same air) Knowledge like said above and conditions is what made this run so impressive.

Bring that thing to Bristol TN in July and lets see it do anything within half a second of that and I'll be wowed then. ;)

-Edit-
By no way am I taking away from the car, it's awesome and I'm extremely jealous I don't own it.

Users who are viewing this thread