C6 ZO6 Heads Cam Supercharged vs 2004 E85 VMP TVS Nitrous Cobra

BMR Tech

It did. I don't have video, but the Nitrous car got the ole Cobra by about 1, maybe 1.5 lengths.

After the runs, the Nitrous Z owner said that he had never had a Mustang hang like that, and had said that the car was a 147-148 trap car.

I was happy about that. The Cobra locked in after it was done spinning it's ass off. I pilled it up to a 75, and took about 125lbs out.....and that proved to be a little too much. I suspect it was making over 800ftlbs on the hit.

BMR Tech

There was a video of the 3-way pull somewhere.....which was the last runs of the night. The Cobra and the 1K HP Vette were neck and neck, then you see the Cobra start to pull a little....and clutch slips on the 3-4 shift. The Spec 3+ did a great job, but after cruising around a bit, and being on the 75 shot....it wouldn't hold the 4th gear load.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
There was a video of the 3-way pull somewhere.....which was the last runs of the night. The Cobra and the 1K HP Vette were neck and neck, then you see the Cobra start to pull a little....and clutch slips on the 3-4 shift. The Spec 3+ did a great job, but after cruising around a bit, and being on the 75 shot....it wouldn't hold the 4th gear load.

Sounds as if it were a very good race to watch:rockon:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member

How many miles are on the engine now?

BMR Tech

It has about 130K miles, and still kicking! Pretty amazing I must say! This is a car that was sold for dirt cheap 6 years ago, to a local performance shop because it was suspected it had a blown motor at 109K miles. I bought the car for very cheap at 111K miles, and it was running like crap with multiple vacuum leaks. I beat the snot out of it after adding all the mods, and spray....the person who bought it from me raced the car like every weekend and daily drove it....and the current owner was beating the crap out of it the other weekend at the track, with the vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator blown off / disconnected.

I just do not see how this thing is still alive. I will attribute it to, Ford is badass....VMP tunes are badass...and my cooling mods are badass. ;)

I sold it, then the person who bought it from me, sold it.

He took it to the track the other day, on the 50 shot. He made a bunch, (like, a bunch bunch) of changes to the car, and I think he went like high 6's @107 or something around there. Horrible sixty foots. For comparison, I only ran it one time on blower only and it was around 6.5@108-109

Here is the latest picture of the car in the current owners hands.

10957317_813290272058247_6592942433656078511_n.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

The last time I weighed it, it was 3880 with me in it on a truck scale.

When I ran the nitrous Z....I bumped the shot up to 75 from 50...and took a ton of weight out. roflmao

After I ran the Nitrous Z, I sold the car...and here was me putting the weight back in before he arrived to take it away.

10271603_738480299507688_8015416752632779490_n.jpg

I had the pass seat, rear seat, all the trunk, the hood liner, the stereo system, and just about anything else I didn't need out of the car for the last run. Probably why I spun and lost. lol

This video, the car was mostly full weight with all of that stuff in tact, and a 250lb passenger. (Vette also had a passenger that was about 220)

termipowa

Established Member
It seems like the irs definitly puts the power down better than sra on the street. My car barely takes a 40 roll and im down 175ish ftlb of tq from you and im running 295/55r15 m/t radials with a 3.08 gear

BMR Tech

It does. This is why I love IRS systems....and sold this car for an Auto '15.

The new car is a duplicate of the Cobra, except it is lighter, makes more power, and has an auto. ;) (oh, and it looks better)

20150129_201612.jpg

BMR Tech

The owner of the Red Vette in the vid, sold it.

After a few months, he jumped into another one similar to it, but BLUE.

Motor popped....and he is rebuilding it.

SO - we may have a sequel.. Red Vette VS Red Cobra.......now I suspect Blue Vette VS Blue S550 GT.

I bet the outcome is the same. ;)

termipowa

Established Member
The new autos are very nice i love the new cars 5.0. I just love my cobra way too much to sell her and i would take a hell of a loss with 100k mile on it.

Users who are viewing this thread