C6 ZO6 Heads Cam Supercharged vs 2004 E85 VMP TVS Nitrous Cobra

stangfreak

Established Member
Holy shit!!! wait I thought he lost? From the other thread that was started?

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Did the Cobra spray? And why is the C6 running such low boost? Either way, damn nice runs!

like brokencool said, the c6z06 really cant take a lot of boost. Keep in mind, a heads cam intake c6z06 without a blower is a handful. They are no joke.

My buddies c6zo6 was a heads cam intake and supercharged at only 5lbs of boost. The car was an outright animal. For the cobra to beat this car, that's one bad bitch

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Did the Cobra spray? And why is the C6 running such low boost? Either way, damn nice runs!

It's probably the upper limit on factory internals. More is possible, but you would be playing on borrowed time.

Boost is only a measure of restriction. For example, if you took that exact same pulley combo and blower, put it on the Cobra it would probably read 14psi.

A heads/cam 427ci is going to be extremely efficient at pushing these lower end blowers. That TVS would probably only show 11-12psi, (if that) on the Z06 with the same pulley combo as what's on the Cobra...

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Motors can't handle a lot of boost.

like brokencool said, the c6z06 really cant take a lot of boost. Keep in mind, a heads cam intake c6z06 without a blower is a handful. They are no joke.

My buddies c6zo6 was a heads cam intake and supercharged at only 5lbs of boost. The car was an outright animal. For the cobra to beat this car, that's one bad bitch

Hmm, I had no idea. Granted my knowledge of GM power plants is pretty limited, but I figured they would be pretty stout. Thanks:beer:

BMR Tech

It's a hard running car for being 114K mile motor. ;)

I did lose to a liter bike last night though, I wasn't too happy about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread