C6 ZO6 Heads Cam Supercharged vs 2004 E85 VMP TVS Nitrous Cobra

BMR Tech

Thanks everyone. It's definitely a fun ride. :rolling:

Hp #s on both cars?

Not really sure. I would imagine the Vette is in the 700 range, and the Cobra is in the 730 range. I would say they are no more than 50 HP apart (dyno #'s)

Sick. Anymore vids of your Cobra BMR Tech?

Not on this combo. It's so fast, the camera has a hard time catching it....lol

J/K!

There is a vid of me and the OP racing when I was on 93 pump gas and no nitrous.

What just happend lol?

Yeah, it's weird. A Cobra making closer than 150rwhp actually gave a C6 a good race! Everyone always says it takes 150 more HP to beat one. Not this one.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I love how everybody in the other thread is talking about how a c6 z06 with heads/cam makes 600 rwhp. I highly DOUBT THAT with a blower cam, hell most mild n/a heads/cam combos make mid 500's. Plus blower cars on low boost without the blower being spun hard never seem to run as strong as the numbers they put down. That and Im sure if it's the typical vette kit with giant intercooler and all that, it added 80 pounds to the nose of the car.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
something doesnt add up in that race. that c6z06 should of walked all over that cobra hard. even a low power hci c6z makes 560-570... add a blower your easily in the high 600s. should outrun that cobra even if it makes 750whp.. or it has lots of weights gone bye bye

BMR Tech

something doesnt add up in that race. that c6z06 should of walked all over that cobra hard. even a low power hci c6z makes 560-570... add a blower your easily in the high 600s. should outrun that cobra even if it makes 750whp.. or it has lots of weights gone bye bye

I was told I was clubbing baby seals, racing that car. :rolling:

BMR Tech

A 50 shot! That's 1/3 what every vette guy wanted to hear.

Yeah.

I would go to a larger jet, but, I am trying to make this thing last a little while. It's got 114K miles on it. I don't think it would enjoy much more than where it's at. I am kinda surprised it's taking the beatings it receives, so well.

mystickb1996

Established Member
have you raced him off the bottle? just wondering how close it would be cuz you pulled him no problem with the juice.. would like to see it, i feel it would be damn close

BMR Tech

I haven't.

If I go out to run the car, I give it all it's got. (assuming I think I need to)

If it were a 2-year old car, with low mileage, I'd feel more comfortable giving charity runs.

This car may only pick up 50 rwhp on the 50 shot....but it's a monster when it's on. The difference (SOTP) is staggering. I think that car would have come out ahead off the shot...

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I haven't.

If I go out to run the car, I give it all it's got. (assuming I think I need to)

If it were a 2-year old car, with low mileage, I'd feel more comfortable giving charity runs.

This car may only pick up 50 rwhp on the 50 shot....but it's a monster when it's on. The difference (SOTP) is staggering. I think that car would have come out ahead off the shot...

is it a "50" shot with a 150 pill.... :dancenana:

BMR Tech

I'd love to run a 150 shot.

The car is a little tricky to get traction as is, I can't imagine with a 150 pill.

I'll likely wait until I freshen the motor up. It would probably be smart to grab a set of fuel rails (it's a dry kit)....not sure how the OEM Rails would handle much more power.

stangfreak

Established Member
BMR what kit are you running for the 50 shot? Im thinking of throwing a small shot on my 2.9 whipple

stangfreak

Established Member
A ported eaton cobra, upper pulley blah blah, full bolt on's with a 60 dry shot will run 10.30's all day. mid130 trap speed? if you know how to drive.

now throw a tvs blower which makes similar power to big twinscrews but has better tq down line and a 50 shot.

BMR Tech

It's just a super simple Nitrous Outlet single nozzle dry kit. BMR, as well as all of our employees, pretty much only use Nitrous Outlet kits. They are excellent.

I just have the Micro switch mounted under the GO pedal. I set it to click "on" at 4.59 Volts on the TPS, by using a handheld to log the Volts at WOT while adjusting it. My highest voltage is 4.68, by absolutely smashing the pedal....so it's positioned to basically come on at the "extra oooomph" of the pedal.

I also use the Nitrous Outlet automatic bottle heater.

;)

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
I love how everybody in the other thread is talking about how a c6 z06 with heads/cam makes 600 rwhp. I highly DOUBT THAT with a blower cam, hell most mild n/a heads/cam combos make mid 500's. Plus blower cars on low boost without the blower being spun hard never seem to run as strong as the numbers they put down. That and Im sure if it's the typical vette kit with giant intercooler and all that, it added 80 pounds to the nose of the car.

Ya.. Most hc z's make 530-570, guess the avg is about 550.. Im making 615 w/ stock compression, prob would make 630+ w/ milled heads.. Ive seen some hc supercharged c6 z's make 630 and some make 750.. all depends on the cam.

again, nice kill!

Users who are viewing this thread