c6 z06 vs gixxer 750

Wild Bill

Established Member
Bye
CHILLY WILLY said:
Hmm let's see. He challenged me, not the other way around. I just finished it and it was pretty fricken embarassing.

I was just telling Stopsign what his bike would have done to a new Z06. However, since you want to bring this arguement up go right ahead. Wow it takes a little more income and a lot less brains to own a new Z06 because if you are all about performance stock than nothing will beat a bike. So, am I supposed to feel bad that I used my head to buy a vehicle that could wipe the floor with pretty much every car made except some in the top end department? Why don't you riddle me that you dipshit :loser:

I choose to own my bike and my big truck because that's what I want to do. I choose not to own a new Z06 because it looks like shit to me and I can't see the reason to spend about ~70k on something that does much less than what my ~9k bike can do
Used your brain?1ow it takes a powerful brain to decide to get a bike!
:lol1: By the way Zo6 looks better than any crotch rocket,and you dont have to wear body armor and a helmet to drive it.In the same way boat >jetski. sportscar>crotchrocket. Also most of us dont care about doing wheelies down the street like 75persent of all the riders around here do.

CHILLY WILLY

Established Member
Pegilyn said:
ByeUsed your brain?1ow it takes a powerful brain to decide to get a bike!
:lol1: By the way Zo6 looks better than any crotch rocket,and you dont have to wear body armor and a helmet to drive it.In the same way boat >jetski. sportscar>crotchrocket. Also most of us dont care about doing wheelies down the street like 75persent of all the riders around here do.

Ahhh yes another person with no reading comprehension. I said it looks like shit to ME :idea: Well technically here where I live you do not have to wear a helmet or armor to ride a bike. Not saying that it is smart to not wear those things, but it is not required. Secondly a sportscar is greater than a bike (sportsbike) how in performance? Please explain...

Lastly, I to do not care about wheeling. I did not get my bike to pose like half of the young people that buy them. I to think it is stupid to do wheelies. Actually the only time I wheelie is when I launch my bike a little to hard in the 1/8th or when I grab to much throttle coming out of turn. Just so you know the Z06 driver has to wear a helmet just like I have to at strip and at the track :)

Wild Bill

Established Member
CHILLY WILLY said:
Ahhh yes another person with no reading comprehension. I said it looks like shit to ME :idea: Well technically here where I live you do not have to wear a helmet or armor to ride a bike. Not saying that it is smart to not wear those things, but it is not required. Secondly a sportscar is greater than a bike (sportsbike) how in performance? Please explain...

Lastly, I to do not care about wheeling. I did not get my bike to pose like half of the young people that buy them. I to think it is stupid to do wheelies. Actually the only time I wheelie is when I launch my bike a little to hard in the 1/8th or when I grab to much throttle coming out of turn. Just so you know the Z06 driver has to wear a helmet just like I have to at strip and at the track :)
Not really meaning that that a sportscar like the new Z06 is greater in performance than a good sportbike but rather as a whole package.Take my car for instance Right now its at about 500rwp and just waiting for 1 more part and a tune till I can spray a 100shot on it.I've already gone 11s@119mph(at altitude) and expect to be close to if not 10s@130mph all in a car that I can drive around 3 other people,has air conditioning,1500watt system in it,and be way more safe than on a bike.I can have almost the same performance with a passenger,but performance on a bike drops off bigtime when you've got a passenger.Plus the fact that I dont have to carry my belongings in a backpack or carry a helmet around with me everywhere.In 110+ degree summer heat Im cool as a cucumber.Could go on and on but you get the idea.This was why the comparison for all the same reasons a boat>jetskis even if the jetski is faster.I know I came off as a bit of a dick its just that around here there seem to be a lot of ricey riders doing wheelies everytime they see a quick car.I've even had a few yell out cobras are slow even though they are riding an old 600 and I've kept up an even beat a few of those.Thats why I have the attitude that even if you've got a 9sec bike I dont care one bit and would still take my car over any sportbike in the world.

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
Every person has his own preference to what he wants to drive. It does take a little bit of more balls and skill to jump on a bike and take it to extremes. Sportbikes are made to be ridden hard. Some guys like to just enjoy the ride. As for me that is the case most of the time, but every once in a while I like to role it out on the open rode to 180mph. Not as often, but if there are girls present I will show off most of the time. Haven't done a 100mph interstate standup in a long time. But if I got the urge to do it I would because it is fun for me, and I like the risk. I am not a asshole punk kid, and I do it when nobody else is present, so the only risk of life is my own. But that is my own preference. So I don't think that makes me an asshole. As far as bikes with 200hp, that is not unheard of. In Florida and Cali you will see them all the time. I have seen plenty of Busa's w/ turbo's with well over that number. My 02 R1 puts down 192hp to the ground, but that is because I have a long list of mods on it. By comparison, there is nothing cheaper than a liter bike when you really want to go that fast. If your just into speed alone, and all you want to do is make it to 200 mph. I would pick the 12K dollar bike over the 70K+ car anyday. Beating a sportbike from a role isn't unheard of. There is a huge difference from racing against a rookie and a skilled rider. And even if you did beat a 750, or a 600 from a role who cares what the riders skills were that is impresive. Will people believe you most likely not because of the power to weight ratio. But you should be proud because you are most likely pushing some nice numbers to keep up with a 400 pound bike that is built for power and speed. For you who haven't been on a sportbike, comparing a 600cc bike to a liter bike. Is like comparing a cobra to a v6 mustang. There is a HUGE difference. I have seen bikes been beaten from a role, but only a very few and that came down to rider skill everytime. I have yet to see a bike get beat from a dig. I am not saying it can't be done. Its the nature of the beast when it comes to hotrods and racing. Everybody is looking to win, and if you do, you earn bragging rights. Plan and simple. "It doesn't matter if you win by a yard or a mile. Racing is Racing"

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
hijack

Bigredmk86 said:
Every person has his own preference to what he wants to drive. It does take a LOT more balls and skill to jump on a bike and take it to extremes. Sportbikes are made to be ridden hard. Some guys like to just enjoy the ride. As for me that is the case most of the time, but every once in a while I like to ROLL it out on the open ROAD to 180mph. Beating a sportbike from a ROLL isn't unheard of. There is a huge difference from racing against a rookie and a skilled rider. "

I edited your post for you :beer:

and yes it takes sack to ride a sport bike to its limit, but it takes more skill to ride it slowly and smoothly at low speeds. Try shifting gears at 3k without clunking or surging, it makes you look like a squid.

back to topic: .... mmm.... a 750 is pretty stout. gixxers are the shiznit.

deauxt

Established Member
The C6 ZO6's are amazing cars, but I too think that the bike would have done better with a different rider.

6speed

Established Member
yea seriously id probably do better at the track in the car than the bike only because im 110% comfortable pushing the car to its limits. the bike and i havent seen much road time together yet, im sure ill get better as the summer months go on. i know a guy with full leathers i may take a venture to maple grove one friday night.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Pegilyn said:
Im sure the Z06 driver was crying in his beer that night.Then again...who cares?You can own the worlds fastest production bike if you have a steady job at McDonalds.It takes a little more income to own a Z06!Just about anybody in a fast car that you beat may own or certainly could own a bike just like yours if they cared to.

It takes more than a steady job at McDonalds to own a modern day sportbike these days. When you're talking about $11000 to $12000, few people can afford that amount on a minimum wage salary. True a Z06 cost much more, but bikes these days are ultra high performance machines that are not cheap when you factor in the cost of the bike, the cost of insurance and the cost of maintenance (which is a lot more than most cars).

URBAN COWBOY

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Bigredmk86 said:
Every person has his own preference to what he wants to drive. It does take a little bit of more balls and skill to jump on a bike and take it to extremes. Sportbikes are made to be ridden hard. Some guys like to just enjoy the ride. As for me that is the case most of the time, but every once in a while I like to role it out on the open rode to 180mph. Not as often, but if there are girls present I will show off most of the time. Haven't done a 100mph interstate standup in a long time. But if I got the urge to do it I would because it is fun for me, and I like the risk. I am not a asshole punk kid, and I do it when nobody else is present, so the only risk of life is my own. But that is my own preference. So I don't think that makes me an asshole. As far as bikes with 200hp, that is not unheard of. In Florida and Cali you will see them all the time. I have seen plenty of Busa's w/ turbo's with well over that number. My 02 R1 puts down 192hp to the ground, but that is because I have a long list of mods on it. By comparison, there is nothing cheaper than a liter bike when you really want to go that fast. If your just into speed alone, and all you want to do is make it to 200 mph. I would pick the 12K dollar bike over the 70K+ car anyday. Beating a sportbike from a role isn't unheard of. There is a huge difference from racing against a rookie and a skilled rider. And even if you did beat a 750, or a 600 from a role who cares what the riders skills were that is impresive. Will people believe you most likely not because of the power to weight ratio. But you should be proud because you are most likely pushing some nice numbers to keep up with a 400 pound bike that is built for power and speed. For you who haven't been on a sportbike, comparing a 600cc bike to a liter bike. Is like comparing a cobra to a v6 mustang. There is a HUGE difference. I have seen bikes been beaten from a role, but only a very few and that came down to rider skill everytime. I have yet to see a bike get beat from a dig. I am not saying it can't be done. Its the nature of the beast when it comes to hotrods and racing. Everybody is looking to win, and if you do, you earn bragging rights. Plan and simple. "It doesn't matter if you win by a yard or a mile. Racing is Racing"
:beer: Agreed

bmfgsxr

Established Member
URBAN COWBOY said:
It takes more than a steady job at McDonalds to own a modern day sportbike these days. When you're talking about $11000 to $12000, few people can afford that amount on a minimum wage salary. True a Z06 cost much more, but bikes these days are ultra high performance machines that are not cheap when you factor in the cost of the bike, the cost of insurance and the cost of maintenance (which is a lot more than most cars).

URBAN COWBOY

actually maintenance isnt bad on bikes at all. ive owned 7 different gsxrs over the past number of years. and not once did any of them cause me any problems. and the newer the bike the longer they last. there are plenty of guys who run over 50000 miles on their bikes with no problems. just oil changed ever 3000 miles. i bought my mint 03 1000 back in 05 for 7500 bucks. and ins. was 150 a month for full coverage.. not too bad. and there arent too many cars that are going to run low 10second 1/4 miles and top speed of close to 190 for that kind of money. ;)

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
actually maintenance isnt bad on bikes at all. ive owned 7 different gsxrs over the past number of years. and not once did any of them cause me any problems. and the newer the bike the longer they last. there are plenty of guys who run over 50000 miles on their bikes with no problems. just oil changed ever 3000 miles. i bought my mint 03 1000 back in 05 for 7500 bucks. and ins. was 150 a month for full coverage.. not too bad. and there arent too many cars that are going to run low 10second 1/4 miles and top speed of close to 190 for that kind of money. ;)

Yeah I'm just saying that when things break, their not cheap. I've had a few bikes also (I have a Busa now) and you're right about them being pretty much maintenance free, but parts are expensive. The tires are high performance rubber ($200 plus) and you only get a couple thousand mile out of them. Liter bikes, Busa's, ZX12's and ect drink gas like a small car so they are not really that efficient on gas. What I'm saying is that some people have the wrong idea if they think big bore bikes are cheap transportation.

URBAN COWBOY

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i hear what your saying. although the 1k gets much better gas mileage than the lightning does.. ;) and when you figure the cost of my race tires are 340 a set thats not bad compared to over 200 a tire for the lightning. but a good sticky tire meant for the street will probably only last you 5000 miles on a bike if your easy on it. and parts arent that bad when you have the connections, but then again, most people dont have the connections. ride safe bro.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
i hear what your saying. although the 1k gets much better gas mileage than the lightning does.. ;) ride safe bro.

Word. Anything gets better gas mileage than the Lightning. You ride safe also. :rockon:

URBAN COWBOY

Users who are viewing this thread