c6 z06 vs gixxer 750

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Definately rider error. A 750 would pull a C6 Z06...definately from a 60mph roll. I tried my best to get a C6 Z06 to run my bike from about a 60mph roll but I guess he didn't want to get his feeling hurt? :shrug:

Nope, I raced a 750 this weekend in my Viper, and from a 70 roll to about 150, we were dead spanking even. It was the closest race I have ever had.

I dynoed my car at 437/475 when it was bone stock. Since then, I have only added a cai and high flow cats.

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Definately rider error. A 750 would pull a C6 Z06...definately from a 60mph roll. I tried my best to get a C6 Z06 to run my bike from about a 60mph roll but I guess he didn't want to get his feeling hurt? :shrug:

Not me I hate bike guys reving all over the place...and all of them do sport bike or Harley....just as much as I hate Saturns with fart cans on the back.

A bike racing a car is just like a V-8 racing a 4cyl....If the 4cyl wins it's "Wow I beat your big bad V-8 with 2-3x the CI" if the 4cyl loses it's "So what I've got a 4 he's got a 8.. I did pretty good for having just 2.0 etc" same with bikes....the bikes are supposed to win so if they do who cares!! :pepper: As far as cars saying I pulled this and that it's only up top way up top 120mph+ that cars will be touching bikes with similiar traps do to CD and driver error. From a dig or slow roll it's not even a race.

The only car race I saw where a car had a chance from a dig was a Rx-7 with 8.8 rear end and slicks weighing 2550lbs and pulled a 1.31 60' time the bike was right there anyway.

Almo

Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
i was in my buddies c6 z06 tonight and he ran a new gixxer 750 from a 60 roll. first run from 60, the c6 z06 pulls 1 car out and keeps pulling to about 4-5 cars total on the gixxer. my buddy thinks it was a bad run so him and the bike does the run again from 60. this time, much closer. the c6 z06 pulls the gixxer 750 up to 160 by 1 1/2 car. this was my first time riding in a c6 z06 and OH MY GOSH :bowdown: :bowdown: , this thing pulled to 160 about as fast as a stock 03/04 cobra can hit 120...... the c6 z06 screams and it pulls to 160 so effortlessly. im trading my cammed c5 for one, because "i gots to get me one of these" (will smith's words from independence day).

Calling :bs:

Bike wasn't racing!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
Nope, I raced a 750 this weekend in my Viper, and from a 70 roll to about 150, we were dead spanking even. It was the closest race I have ever had.

I dynoed my car at 437/475 when it was bone stock. Since then, I have only added a cai and high flow cats.

:bored: Next time tell the guy on the 750 to take it out of 5th gear.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
CHILLY WILLY said:
Don't worry Stop I spanked one so bad I was laughing in my helmet before I was even out of 3rd gear :beer:

What kinda bike do you have? I don't even bother replying in most of these "My bolt on 03 Cobra waxed a new 600 thread". :rolleyes: Most people that posts these have never ridden a new sports bike. Let alone a superbike.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
:bored: Next time tell the guy on the 750 to take it out of 5th gear.

Ya, I was trying to tell him that but he kept on emphasizing he was in the right gear instead... :kaboom:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
A properly ridden newer 750 is capable of 133-135 MPH traps. That "should" put a hurting on a C6 Z06, especially a Viper, considering a C6 Z pulls a Viper by ~3-4 cars from 45-130.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I raced a gsxr 1000 and pulled him by a car. Was the bike riden to its best? Not at all.. I beat the rider. This 750 rider obviously wasn't pushing the bike to it's limits or somewhat close to lose to a z06. 600's would walk on a new z06 till 130 where the 1/4th is up and racing past that is pointless.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
I raced a gsxr 1000 and pulled him by a car. Was the bike riden to its best? Not at all.. I beat the rider. This 750 rider obviously wasn't pushing the bike to it's limits or somewhat close to lose to a z06. 600's would walk on a new z06 till 130 where the 1/4th is up and racing past that is pointless.
LMFAO, yea he musta been shifting at 6 K... my friends stock 04 ran a 10 flat at like 142 or something... :poke:

CHILLY WILLY

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
What kinda bike do you have? I don't even bother replying in most of these "My bolt on 03 Cobra waxed a new 600 thread". :rolleyes: Most people that posts these have never ridden a new sports bike. Let alone a superbike.

An 04 10r. So, our bikes would be pretty similar in the performance department :thumbsup:

Wild Bill

Established Member
CHILLY WILLY said:
Don't worry Stop I spanked one so bad I was laughing in my helmet before I was even out of 3rd gear :beer:
Im sure the Z06 driver was crying in his beer that night.Then again...who cares?You can own the worlds fastest production bike if you have a steady job at McDonalds.It takes a little more income to own a Z06!Just about anybody in a fast car that you beat may own or certainly could own a bike just like yours if they cared to.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Pegilyn said:
Im sure the Z06 driver was crying in his beer that night.Then again...who cares?You can own the worlds fastest production bike if you have a steady job at McDonalds.It takes a little more income to own a Z06!Just about anybody in a fast car that you beat may own or certainly could own a bike just like yours if they cared to.

But not everyone has the balls to put 200hp between their legs. ;-)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry man your gixer is not making 200 hp ! But I will correct your previous statement that not everybody has the balls to ride a crotch rocket, much less use it to its full potential ! :beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

awax_cobrastang said:
i have an r1 and i have almost 200 horses stock with a pipe and a power commander i would be there

Wait a minute. The new ZX14 is about 190 HP. How is an R1 making more power? I think older R1's were making about 150. My ZX11 with a ton of mods made 180. I don't know about a stock R1 making 200.

I'm glad some realized they beat the rider. You see so many people talking about beating a bike. Unless you've been on one you have no idea. On the other hand I can't stand some little shit that thinks his $10k bike is so superior to some car like an 03/04 Cobra or late model vette. I see a ton of these smart asses around town and then they show up at the track and can't break 7.50's (1/8th) on a 1000cc bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILLY WILLY

Established Member
Pegilyn said:

Hmm let's see. He challenged me, not the other way around. I just finished it and it was pretty fricken embarassing.

I was just telling Stopsign what his bike would have done to a new Z06. However, since you want to bring this arguement up go right ahead. Wow it takes a little more income and a lot less brains to own a new Z06 because if you are all about performance stock than nothing will beat a bike. So, am I supposed to feel bad that I used my head to buy a vehicle that could wipe the floor with pretty much every car made except some in the top end department? Why don't you riddle me that you dipshit :loser:

I choose to own my bike and my big truck because that's what I want to do. I choose not to own a new Z06 because it looks like shit to me and I can't see the reason to spend about ~70k on something that does much less than what my ~9k bike can do

Users who are viewing this thread