C6 or new 5.0

ATX5.0

Established Member
I vote C6Z all the way. These are the last truly analog corvettes ever produced and they seem to be holding their value well. The C6 isn't over burdened with tech or gadgets. They are lightweight, simple and pretty reliable. The LS7 is probably the pinnacle of factory naturally aspirated pushrod engines. All the other cool stuff: manual trans only, aluminum frame, dry sump, lightweighting everywhere, monster brakes and wheels, etc. I think the styling will age well too, it's not over the top like the C7 and C8. I'm definitely looking to add one in future as well (low mile, unmolested example that gets exercised on nice weekends).
I agree. I seem to believe 10-20yrs down the road the c6z will look just as good as it does today.

ATX5.0

Established Member
Definitely C6 Z06 over the new 5.0. No brainer. That said, I would try really hard to squeeze a bit more into your budget and go for the C7 Z06. With the 7-speed manual. My favorite Corvette gen of all time.

13e9533072ee75adaa9d0a12375237f5x.jpg

0035529ecd0dc5ed46e4a2e8c76d8ba5x.jpg
I like the c7z but can’t swing it. I’m not an svtp baller. That said a gs/c6z is within striking distance. Y’all have me looking at HC combos for the Z lol

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The LS7 is in a category of its own. It is a throwback to the l88.

c6z is a very special car. The balance is what strikes me. The motor, chassis, and brakes are all well matched. A HCI z06 is capable far beyond the capability of most drivers.

Many think that the c6 is a more authentic experience. It has fewer nannys and is lighter.

Many think the c6 is the last "true" corvette. This is subjective.

The c6 has LS series motors. C7 is LT series. If you want to make power the LS is a far better option IMO. If you are budget constrained LS is objectively superior.
LS motors are like Lego's, you can mix and match almost every single part on them

MG0h3

Established Member
I think the C7s are cool but as others have said, C6Z is just so much better looking to me.

Guy I know here sold the LS7 out of his and runs a blown LS3 and a glide. Looks so wicked on bigs and littles. He has nothing but praise for the platform. Says it’s super easy to hook and go straight.

Price between C7Z or C6Z wouldn’t matter. I’d actually just do a C6ZR1. I always hear “but the interior” and I’m like lol. I have a new edge mustang. GTFO

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Found some interesting vids... I is Learnin Chebby Stuff...

The first video is good. LOL at guys choosing LTs over LSs for swaps. I would be very surprised to ever see an "LT Fest" but who knows.

Fun trivia fact: Chevy actually runs a de-stroked LS7 in the C7R race car. I saw this car come up at auction and it blew me away.

They may have switched to an LT at this point but even if so I would be surprised if they are running the Rube Goldberg direct injection system.

I could not make it to far into the second one. He is just covering basic shit.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The first video is good. LOL at guys choosing LTs over LSs for swaps. I would be very surprised to ever see an "LT Fest" but who knows.

Fun trivia fact: Chevy actually runs a de-stroked LS7 in the C7R race car. I saw this car come up at auction and it blew me away.

They may have switched to an LT at this point but even if so I would be surprised if they are running the Rube Goldberg direct injection system.

I could not make it to far into the second one. He is just covering basic shit.

Yea I about fell asleep on that one. **** me Chebby got so many retarded designations…

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’m sorta year’n now (some solid reason why in this read) To up my gt500 for a Z06 or a replica GT40 with a ls3

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of yellow, bit it sure works here.....
9k=(64).jpg

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the C7s are cool but as others have said, C6Z is just so much better looking to me.

Guy I know here sold the LS7 out of his and runs a blown LS3 and a glide. Looks so wicked on bigs and littles. He has nothing but praise for the platform. Says it’s super easy to hook and go straight.

Price between C7Z or C6Z wouldn’t matter. I’d actually just do a C6ZR1. I always hear “but the interior” and I’m like lol. I have a new edge mustang. GTFO

The only thing nicer about a stock zr1 interior over a z is the seats and the steering wheel. I already put a 2011+ wheel in mine and it’s tits but I’m not spending thousands on the seats.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
C6Z all day long. The Mustang isn't even in the same league. If you are looking to mod I'd go GS with a big cam. I have a 911 Turbo S and there isn't many cars that turn my head, but a C6Z still gives me a chubby and I'd love to have one in my garage.
I have an empty spot in my garage and on the short list of cars I'd like to fill it with would be C6Z, 11-14 GT500, or a gated 360.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll be the oddball and say

C 5 Z …. Spend $20k on a low-mile one-owner gem, the other $15k on making it a fookin giant slayer. 3100 lbs of pure rawness.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll be the oddball and say

C 5 Z …. Spend $20k on a low-mile one-owner gem, the other $15k on making it a fookin giant slayer. 3100 lbs of pure rawness.

****ing weirdo…. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread