C5 Z06 vs 03 Cobra vs Blown Stang.

sedanman

Established Member
Sweet runs, its my experience that the cobras need about 70 more rwhp over a vet to beat it.

As for the brakes alot of 04 cobras do that with stock pads (mine did) and so does another friend of mines.

redline360

Established Member
Just watched the second video.....i turned around for one sec and i thought the fox vanished

SVTBMG

Banned
This is why I am getting a vette. They always seem to beat modded cobras. I rarely see cobras win anymore.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
SVTBMG said:
This is why I am getting a vette. They always seem to beat modded cobras. I rarely see cobras win anymore.

:lol: What a stupid comment. :lol:

It has nothing to do with the car...the driver mod would help a lot of guys out. I beat quite a few ZO6's when I was just a pullied cobra, then there were some that hung with me, and one that dusted me off. It all depends on your mods and if you can drive or not. Some cars are stouter than others..plus the best part about the vette is not only is it fast..but it weighs about 500lbs less than the cobra.

BlueSS

Ryan.K. said:
:lol: What a stupid comment. :lol:

It has nothing to do with the car...the driver mod would help a lot of guys out. I beat quite a few ZO6's when I was just a pullied cobra, then there were some that hung with me, and one that dusted me off. It all depends on your mods and if you can drive or not. Some cars are stouter than others..plus the best part about the vette is not only is it fast..but it weighs about 500lbs less than the cobra.
+1 :shrug:
How much did that MTI 402 run ya?

goose

Established Member
Nice run's man, my bestfriend has a 03 Z-06 w/ newly 403 w/ dart heads and cold air intake and 650'sh lift cam in it we havent been able too dyno cause the clutch wont handle it right now but this weekend we should be swaping out clutches.

And we where guessing his HP # too be around 520-540 or somewhere around there.

Z O SICK

Established Member
KissMySVT said:
+1 :shrug:
How much did that MTI 402 run ya?

It cost a lot lol. I dumped 16K into the car. I did a lot more than just the motor though. My last motor was toast, I basically had to start over. I got everything from clutch to intake. My car is basically brand new. I also got some of the best parts. I have a luniti forged crank, wisco ceramic coated forged pistions, lunati billet connecting rods so on and so on lol. My motor is pretty stout. I plan on running a 150 shot as soon as my warranty runs out. It should be pretty quick after that.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread