C5 Z06 vs 03 Cobra vs Blown Stang.

lucafu1

Established Member
not sure if they do that all the time but they do work great. no brake fad after those hard stops. brembo d/s rotors too.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
that was ugly for the mustangs. the second vid vs. the cobra shows exactly how much the driver mod counts. the vette didn't appear to miss second by much (recovered quickly) and got beat by the cobra. but when he drove the car better, he handled the cobra with ease. good kills, sick vette

Z O SICK

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
that was ugly for the mustangs. the second vid vs. the cobra shows exactly how much the driver mod counts. the vette didn't appear to miss second by much (recovered quickly) and got beat by the cobra. but when he drove the car better, he handled the cobra with ease. good kills, sick vette

Tell me about it. If I didn't have flip-flops on it would of never happen lol. My flip-flop got stuck on my floor mat lol.

Tony

Z O SICK

Established Member
ASSASSIN said:
Good kills Tony can't wait to see you run some other high horsepower cobras. Thanks for the vids and keep sharing.

Stay tuned for next week! My buddy plans to be on the juice this Saturday! I think it's going to be lights out for me:( I'll give it my best though!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
That was insane! awesome vette, but is that normal for hawk pads to throw sparks or something is wrong? Should up grade to a Full baer kit and problem solved.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Fox body might have had traction problems? If not, it's just slow then lol. If he did have traction problems, oh well, thats his problem haha. I figured that setup would do better, especially considering how the 03 seemed to have done better, thats racing though!

I like the second race with the Cobra, back and fourth.

lucafu1

Established Member
JerZeyStangz said:
That was insane! awesome vette, but is that normal for hawk pads to throw sparks or something is wrong? Should up grade to a Full baer kit and problem solved.

what is upgrading to another brake system gonna solve? i shoot flames out the exhaust when i power shift, should i replace my engine? a metallic pad stopping 4000+ pounds of pig at around 130 mph makes alot of heat.

Z O SICK

Established Member
DeadlyEG said:
poor guy, when are you going to get 500 RWHP? :thumbsup:

I'm actually thinking about going with a bigger cam and pulley. After that, I'm pretty sure that will put me over the hump lol. We will see though. This car is so streeable so I have some doubt's about doing that. As soon as I lose to My buddy's Cobra it's on lol. I'm sure it's going to happen this weekend when he uses the spray on me lol.

Tony

hardcore35th

Established Member
That Z0 is one nice ride. I have a friend here in town that has a 02 vert that runs 9s on the spray. It was the black one on Pinks all out. Another friend of mine here has a stock bottom end 99 coupe that runs low 10s on a 150 shot.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
Fox body might have had traction problems? If not, it's just slow then lol. If he did have traction problems, oh well, thats his problem haha. I figured that setup would do better, especially considering how the 03 seemed to have done better, thats racing though!

I like the second race with the Cobra, back and fourth.

Probably not. Novi blowers are basically the bottom of the line blowers for a fox. That vette is FAST!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
hardcore35th said:
That Z0 is one nice ride. I have a friend here in town that has a 02 vert that runs 9s on the spray. It was the black one on Pinks all out. Another friend of mine here has a stock bottom end 99 coupe that runs low 10s on a 150 shot.

ZO-6 Vert? Doesn't exist without some major modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread