C5 Z06 Goes Boom

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
ElGato said:
its a long way from the tree to the street chief, and contrary what you may think, car insurance companies are not stupid. :nono:

you play, you pay.
meh...i've never blown anything up or crashed, but, i've seen people drag a ****ing car out with a truck and a strap a few times. and the ins. co. paid up...but what the phvck do i know... :shrug:

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
black04gt said:
meh...i've never blown anything up or crashed, but, i've seen people drag a ****ing car out with a truck and a strap a few times. and the ins. co. paid up...but what the phvck do i know... :shrug:

I hear you :beer: (they can't just leave the car at the track can they? :shrug: )

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
Nicky P 03 SVT said:
That was a Greatlakes Dragaway...I go there all the time!

lol, so do I!!!!

do you guys think they are holding the fire extiguisher every car that goes through. i mean honestly, most of the cars that go through aren't even capable of going into flames like that.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
svt4stv said:
looks like they had to run to the local home depot to grab some fire extinguishers. :nonono: the second guy to fire his off totally nailed the first guy when he came running up :burn:
Thats exactly what i was going to say. Took them long enough then the 1st guy got nailed!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It took about 37 seconds from the time the hood blew open and flames erupted, to the first spray from a fire extinguisher. To me, that is a l.o.n.g. time. Nitrous or no nitrous.

CobraKalas

Established Member
you guys are all idiots for not thinking he got his money back, i dont know him personally but my brother and his friend do, they are in ShockerRacing.com he told his insurance company what happened they paid for the car back in FULL WITHOUT LYING, he is now driving a C6 Corvette., they waited for the nitrous to finish burning off before they sprayed with extinguisher. the nitrous pooled up in the intake and it blew, the kit was PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED. and i dont know why people make a big deal about a car blowing up. this kinda shit happens all the time at drag strips and i dont think they have been posted as many times as this has.

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
1999CobraR said:
you guys are all idiots for not thinking he got his money back, i dont know him personally but my brother and his friend do, they are in ShockerRacing.com he told his insurance company what happened they paid for the car back in FULL WITHOUT LYING, he is now driving a C6 Corvette., they waited for the nitrous to finish burning off before they sprayed with extinguisher. the nitrous pooled up in the intake and it blew, the kit was PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED. and i dont know why people make a big deal about a car blowing up. this kinda shit happens all the time at drag strips and i dont think they have been posted as many times as this has.

Your right, I always see cars at the track blowing up. ALL THE TIME! :pepper: lol... get angry much? I don't see how that makes everyone an idiot... I personally wouldn't see my insurance going "Oh yeah, no problem, cars blow up at the track all the time." But thats just me, his insurance probably did pay for it, but how the hell were we supposed to know? I left my crystal ball in my other pants, I couldn't forsee it...

Last edited:

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
SVTCobraBB said:
Your right, I always see cars at the track blowing up. ALL THE TIME! :pepper: lol... get angry much? I don't see how that makes everyone an idiot... I personally wouldn't see my insurance going "Oh yeah, no problem, cars blow up at the track all the time." But thats just me, his insurance probably did pay for it, but how the hell were we supposed to know? I left my crystal ball in my other pants, I couldn't forsee it...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
Cars pop all the time at the track and usually it is a mistake with the use of a nitrous system. However, not all the cars go up in flames like that one did. He is lucky the insurance paid up. I would have thought they would have laughed at his claim. Good company to deal with since they paid up.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
maniak87 said:
lol, so do I!!!!

do you guys think they are holding the fire extiguisher every car that goes through. i mean honestly, most of the cars that go through aren't even capable of going into flames like that.

It's not a matter in which you only have one ready for the cars you think will blow up.. You have one there ready for everycar that makes a pass because you have no IDEA when a car can go up in flames.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
1999CobraR said:
GOT ZOLOFT!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
1999CobraR said:

Even if the kit was professionaly installed.....he still sprayed it too soon. Who sprays right off the line???? That guy was a noob driver. He didnt have a window switch and it blew.

BONESTOCK

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
Even if the kit was professionaly installed.....he still sprayed it too soon. Who sprays right off the line???? That guy was a noob driver. He didnt have a window switch and it blew.

Tons of people spray right at the line. But they're launching at like 6K RPMs. If you launch at idle and juice it at the lgith without a window switch then your asking for trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread