C&R vs AFCO dual fan?

ante

Established Member
Now that they have been out for a while any comparisons done to see which one cools better? They are both great companies and both look like high quality, but I want the best cooling. I just don't want to change it again. I know there is a cost difference but that is not my concern here

Anybody know what is the actual size of the C&R? Fan Size as well? I can not find anything on size.

Any fundamental differences in construction or design?

Looking to upgrade from a Steeda and just found out that there is at least a 2month backorder on the C&R's/Shelby's.

Thanks

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
A lot of controversy over this, I personally chose to go with C&R. I haven't had any problems.

vankuen

Established Member
No one has any input on the Shelby dual-fan? Is that one just junk?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Don't believe everything you read that others may use to try and sell more of their HE's.

I use the Afco dual fan units on GT500s, Roush's, and even our 2011 5.0L with the Roush blower than runs 10.15 @ 136.

The afco is a quality piece at an affordable price that is made in the USA. It performs well and uses the largest fan's at 10". I sell them for only $739 WITH larger tank, or $669 without.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Don't believe everything you read that others may use to try and sell more of their HE's.

I use the Afco dual fan units on GT500s, Roush's, and even our 2011 5.0L with the Roush blower than runs 10.15 @ 136.

The afco is a quality piece at an affordable price that is made in the USA. It performs well and uses the largest fan's at 10". I sell them for only $739 WITH larger tank, or $669 without.

I dont see anyone in this thread trying to sell him a HE but you.

Grabber07'

Established Member
Been tossing up this decision as well. Will be making a H/E purchase this summer. Havent fully decided on the C&R or Afco. Have not heard any complaints about the Afco..... but have heard a lot of praise for the Shelby/C&R

Van@RevanRacing

im sure van will be here shortly ^^

I can only think of a few instances where larger and thicker is a good thing!!

Heat Exchangers not being one of them.

:beer:

I'm not the only company/person who has tested and datalogged these products and noticed differences. Notice that Shelby still uses the C&R made product and not the AFCO. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread