buying stock in ford

blksnakebite97

Established Member
I'm thinking about taking it up a notch the ford shirts and memorabilia aren't enough, want to buy 250 bucks in stocks. any opinions any fellow members who own ford stocks, also what kind of dividends do they give out every period, any help appreciated first time buyer of stock:shrug:.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My advice would be to stay out of the stock market till we see the low. The next quarter is going to be brutal on the auto companies.

SVTContique

DO NOT BUY IN FORD.

Also dont buy into telecom's right now. Buy into energy and Financials along with some Materials ( ie, Oil companies, Banks and insurance companies, and gold)

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
DO NOT BUY IN FORD.

Also dont buy into telecom's right now. Buy into energy and Financials along with some Materials ( ie, Oil companies, Banks and insurance companies, and gold)

I was thinking about some Ford stock also.

But, I also considered buying bank stock since a considerable amount of this bail-out money is bank related. But I've had others say not to invest in banks. I'm hearing different answers every time I ask.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Last Friday Ford stock closed at $1.99 a share. Within a few moments of the market opening on the following Monday, it shot up to $2.50 and has slowly been dropping since. I saw this coming but was not in a financial position to gamble. Actually, I am not even in a position to buy and sell stock.

:)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
If I were planning on "gambling" or investing right now I'd go with a more promising long term investment that is low.

goingup

Established Member
You might see the october auto sales number come in at the lowest in over 52 years. If that happens watch out.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
DO NOT BUY IN FORD.

Buy low sell high. Ford will not go bankrupt. When they come back a couple years down the road you will be kicking yourself in the a$$ for not buying the stock at a bargain price. I see Ford stock as an easy moneymaker. I have a lot of it though and am willing to wait it out as long as it takes.

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
I bought $500 in Ford Stock after 9/11 thinking the stock had tanked as far as it was going to. I bought at $24. 3 years later I got a check from Ameritrade for $24.
Lessons:
Don't buy stock with money you can't afford to lose
Either learn how to trade like the big boys or sit on your purchases for the long haul.

Ford stock is in the tank and cheap, but I see nothing that leads me to believe that the management knows how to survive this any better than the others. If I were looking to buy stock in automotive (again for the long term) I would evaluate who is at the head of the class with alternative fuels, hybrid technology, etc.

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
I own Ford, and my $.02 is that they will be the only domestic automotive company to survive without the government stepping in. I own it under $2/share.

On the other hand, all my other stocks are energy and commodity related. Trust me when I say that these stocks will go up as our cash money becomes worth less and less.

silverstang23

Established Member
$250 in ford won't get you very far. But looking into a bank would probably be much better. The federal gov't will look after them and make sure nothing happens.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Last Friday Ford stock closed at $1.99 a share. Within a few moments of the market opening on the following Monday, it shot up to $2.50 and has slowly been dropping since. I saw this coming but was not in a financial position to gamble. Actually, I am not even in a position to buy and sell stock.

:)

Exactly, these guys that are in here that "think" they know how to trade stocks need to stop giving advice. If i would of listen to most i wouldnt of saved myself 12% :kaboom:

Robert Francis

Established Member
I have Ford stock and it not paid any dividends for a couple of years. And I don't expect it will for several more. But I still keep buying some Ford stock as I'm assuming Ford will survive and if it does, the stock price today is good value.

Here's a general rule on any investing: never invest more than you can afford to lose.

ssssnake

Established Member
I'm thinking about taking it up a notch the ford shirts and memorabilia aren't enough, want to buy 250 bucks in stocks. any opinions any fellow members who own ford stocks, also what kind of dividends do they give out every period, any help appreciated first time buyer of stock:shrug:.

NOooooooo! Like Travis said, I wouldn't buy any stock right now.

I bought $500 in Ford Stock after 9/11 thinking the stock had tanked as far as it was going to. I bought at $24. 3 years later I got a check from Ameritrade for $24.

Yeah, I bought my shares of Ford stock right after 9/11. Sold it for a loss about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread