buying stock in ford

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I just called an advisor and he told me that every company that I was watching was a waste. He reamed me out for fifteen min. so I said bye. I really was kinda shocked...

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I think Ford has the best chance out of the big three to stick around after all this BS.

Really? Why is that?

I would sure hope so, as would probably 99 pecent of us on here, but we can be a bit biased at times. I would think GM would have a better chance, but I honestly haven't followed the companies too much lately.

I lost interest once SVT was pushed to the side :nonono:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Really? Why is that?

I would sure hope so, as would probably 99 pecent of us on here, but we can be a bit biased at times. I would think GM would have a better chance, but I honestly haven't followed the companies too much lately.

I lost interest once SVT was pushed to the side :nonono:

they have the most cash and do not have as many unprofitable brands as gm right now.
chrysler? they are not selling global, and have been up for sale for the past year! they have minivans trucks and jeeps. nice market huh? brankruptcy has been rumured for the past 6 months. it will be sooner rather than later.

back to ford, they have 38 billion in cash. do a search on their 2010 product and see if you like it before investing. hint: some of the 2010 product was on the covers of automobile and motor trend this month!

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I just bought over 1000 ford shares and over 500 gm shares.....I'm in in for the long haul. It will take some time but I think both will come around and be profitable once again. Just don't invest more than you can afford to lose!!

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
My personal opinion, buy Google stock at 50% under value. I'm going to put 1-2% of my liquid funds in Google then ride it out.

Be sure to never invest money you need and can't afford to lose. :)

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Buy low sell high. Ford will not go bankrupt. When they come back a couple years down the road you will be kicking yourself in the a$$ for not buying the stock at a bargain price. I see Ford stock as an easy moneymaker. I have a lot of it though and am willing to wait it out as long as it takes.

looking at the way the default swaps are trading, it looks like the market is pricing in a 75% chance of bankruptcy for Ford, and 80% for GM in the next five years.

They may have a lot of cash, but they have an absolutely horrible burn rate.

**** em.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I was thinking about some Ford stock also.

But, I also considered buying bank stock since a considerable amount of this bail-out money is bank related. But I've had others say not to invest in banks. I'm hearing different answers every time I ask.

I am invested in 2 banks stocks. I would not buy into the big banks as much as I would smaller community type banks. Check out their portfolios and stay away from the ones that seem to have more in commercial real estate and variable interest rate mortgage loans. The majority of the banks who stayed away from the above have and are fairing well. Just like the bank I work for, we did not get into the variables, the subprime mortgage or the commercial R/E markets. Also make sure the banks you buy stock in are still paying dividends. That shows they have the money to weather the storm for right now.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
looking at the way the default swaps are trading, it looks like the market is pricing in a 75% chance of bankruptcy for Ford, and 80% for GM in the next five years.

They may have a lot of cash, but they have an absolutely horrible burn rate.

**** em.

I'm in it for the long haul as I've worked at Ford for almost 20 years. I have no choice. Ford and GM are American icons, I truly think it will work out.

Users who are viewing this thread