buying cobra

nomanate

Established Member
hey guys im looking to buy a cobra to add the the stables, and i was wondering where should i shy away from one according to miles? how many miles would you let it have before modding.. im looking for a weekend and show runner not a daily but would like to get mid to high 400"s out of it. there is a 10th ann for 17 with 61k all stock.

i know miles depends on mods but im looking for somethin that has no more then a pulley change..

thanks,
nate

nomanate

Established Member
i have read his guide for what to look at but miles just says acceptable, and im trying to guage what is acceptable miles on a termi

xenodragon

Established Member
I know there are a bunch of high mile cobras with mods that are still running strong. if you are only looking to make mid to high 400's I wouldnt worry too much about the miles. Very simple mods will get you to that number

cobra_matt

Established Member
Mine has 67K, but also has exhaust only. Dynod 406 to the wheels a few months back and feels strong as ever. Miles on the car do not matter; do a compression test on each cylinder and go from there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO if you're going to use the car as a daily driver you should stay in the 20-30K mile area. You'll pay more for the car, but you'll also have a car that is likely to be in better condition overall than one with 50K+ miles. I know if it was me, I would not buy a Terminator with more than 25K miles on it. I'd search out one with the lowest miles at the time. If you're going to only drive the car on weekends basically and your budget is lower, then you really should not have any major problems buying a Terminator with 50-60K miles on it. It really depends on how the car was driven by the owner(s). I say "owners" because many of these have had multiple owners now. The more you can find out about the car the better you'll be. It is also a big plus if the owner had been or is a member of a Mustang forum. Many times you can get a sense of how the car was treated and driven by forum posts. Just a thought.

Best of luck with your search. By the way, was my Terminator FAQ page helpful to you?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That car looks clean.I wish I could see under the hood.It also looks like it might have a aftermarket shifter.

nomanate

Established Member
ya the car looks clean but i can get him to send engine bay pics, he said it just looks like any other stock cobra, i just dont wanna drive 1.5hrs to find its 61k and been pullied the whole time. lol,

and yes Cobra bob you have som much info i have spent hours on your articles

nomanate

Established Member
also this is prob the first unmodded cobra i have found, all around here have wipples, new motors and stuff under and under 30k.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
ya the car looks clean but i can get him to send engine bay pics, he said it just looks like any other stock cobra, i just dont wanna drive 1.5hrs to find its 61k and been pullied the whole time. lol,

and yes Cobra bob you have som much info i have spent hours on your articles

if its only an hour and a half away then go see it. its the only way to get an idea whats on it and check the interior/exterior. also dont rush theres always gonna be one for sale with average miles. btw great color:rockon:if its only a weekend car theres no prob with that mileage as bob stated. offer 16k and go from there...good luck.

nomanate

Established Member
thnkas, still looking as well turns out the car is a consingment car for that dealer, and that it has a rebuilt title, im trying to get a car fax on it before i look at it, hoping to find something before fall, missed out on a great deal but didnlt have the cash a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread