Buying a 04 Cobra, HELP! :)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think in general that is an awesome car to enter the Cobra ownership club with. And by the looks alone you would do well purchasing that car.

Everyone has different tastes when it comes to modifying these cars.

I like the wheels (have them on my Vert). I think the gas cap is OK, but would put the stock one back on.

What I don't like is the painted interior parts. I have NEVER liked when owners painted the interior plastic parts the same color as the car. Also, I'm not a fan of the KB. But purely from a design stand point. The KB just looks like a box sitting on top of the motor. Whipple and TVS have a better design and look better IMO.

Good luck OP......

GoingBIG

Established Member
The car look great. It has great mods and is THE cobra to have (besides mystichrome of course lol)

If you want a cobra, and you pass on this one you're making a mistake. Pending inspection, carfax and compression/leak down testing.
Thank you for the reply. Very cool to read this. I go see it tomorrow and it will come down to price. Hope we can work a deal out!

zeus201

Established Member
Looks likes a great car (minus interior painted pieces) and probably asking a decent amount of coin.

I'd suggest getting it inspected and at the very least, a compression and leakdown test done to find out the health of the motor.

GoingBIG

Established Member
Looks likes a great car (minus interior painted pieces) and probably asking a decent amount of coin.

I'd suggest getting it inspected and at the very least, a compression and leakdown test done to find out the health of the motor.
Yes it's the most expensive cobra in my province (only 4) and it seems every one is saying compression test. I think I'll see if he's willing to get one done. Thanks again for the reply.

GoingBIG

Established Member
What is the sellers asking price? If you don't mind me asking?
36k but I won't pay over 30 i don't think (this is canadian) because there is a yellow with tires exhaust and pulley for 25 maybe walked down to 22 ish

Hybbs

Established Member
36k but I won't pay over 30 i don't think (this is canadian) because there is a yellow with tires exhaust and pulley for 25 maybe walked down to 22 ish
I think if you convert your loonies to US dollars, at 80 cents to the dollar, It comes out to about 28,800$. It's a little high, but that low color production demands a premium.

GoingBIG

Established Member
I think if you convert your loonies to US dollars, at 80 cents to the dollar, It comes out to about 28,800$. It's a little high, but that low color production demands a premium.
Good to know thank you! For your. 02 :)

D-MANN

Established Member
I've seen this car in person. Honestly we have always laughed at it. It at one time had a cobra r wing moulded into the factory wing. Lamborghini doors and a side stripe package. It looked terrible. Owner has been trying to sell it every year for awhile now. Guess he changed it back and obviously made it more appealing to look at and easier to sell.
550f3ca8f6a2b81ef034e61f43135263.jpg

bb545adb049264f8147fd581fec3d175.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I've seen this car in person. Honestly we have always laughed at it. It at one time had a cobra r wing moulded into the factory wing. Lamborghini doors and a side stripe package. It looked terrible. Owner has been trying to sell it every year for awhile now. Guess he changed it back and obviously made it more appealing to look at and easier to sell.
View attachment 1437086
View attachment 1437087

Looks better with the factory wheels. Is the car mechanically sound as far as you know? How was it driven leaving shows cruising around etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-MANN

Established Member
Looks better with the factory wheels. Is the car mechanically sound as far as you know? How was it driven leaving shows cruising around etc

I've met the owner once at a local car show. My impression was he was a mature adult owner. I doubt the car has been bagged on. He struck me as an enthusiast who had money to buy parts and did. Just had poor taste. This is the only other comp o vert I have seen in person besides my own car. As far as I know we have the only Canadian comp o verts in the province. Rare car in America to see and even more rare in Canada

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
View attachment 1437086
View attachment 1437087

GOD NO! I'm not sure which is worse, the Gay wing, or the doors.

GoingBIG

Established Member
I've met the owner once at a local car show. My impression was he was a mature adult owner. I doubt the car has been bagged on. He struck me as an enthusiast who had money to buy parts and did. Just had poor taste. This is the only other comp o vert I have seen in person besides my own car. As far as I know we have the only Canadian comp o verts in the province. Rare car in America to see and even more rare in Canada

Wow thank you so much for replying! And thank Jesus he put the wing and doors back haha! He doesn't have the stock wheels any more but the current ones are growing on me. I'm going to see the car tomorrow and am pretty excited first cobra I'll have seen in person . Thanks again for this info!

LouieMoo

Established Member
I have an 03 with a 2.8KB and I can tell you that this is one of the best engines I've ever come in contact with, it just wants more and more. But as a safety precaution definitely get a compression check as on of the other members mentioned and then if you do purchase get an automatic tune up and a new tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Beavis281

Established Member
Who ever put lambo doors on this car needs to be put in a mental institution. immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread