Buying a 04 Cobra, HELP! :)

GoingBIG

Established Member
Hello, my name is jeff. Quick back story, 2 years ago i wanted to buy a hellcat and almost did.
Fast forward 2 years and i bought a house got married and have a baby on the way. I have started to obsess over termi cobras for the last 6 months as it is my "hellcat" that i can afford.
I live in Canada, and i don't think i have ever seen one out in the "wild" so i love the rarity factor for me. Anyways i am going to look at an orange 04 vert with the following mods. If you guys could please tell me what you think about the list. if its missing anything or any glaring problems that you guys see. Thank you very much for reading this!

Competition Orange Cobra convertible SVT, Rarest of the rare,1 of 72 made. Like new condition, Supercharger upgraded to a Kenne Bell Twin Screw 2.8L 680hp @ 16 psi, Kenne Bell BAP Fuel pump SC throttle tunnel , WMS cold air kit Diablo Sport Tuning system Diablo Mass AirFlow metering system IRS No Hop kit polyurenthene Motor Sport full lenght subframe connectors Bassani Ceramic 10 piece Polished headrers Magnaflow cat back exhaust sytem Center Force Dual Friction Clutch Assembly Firewall clutch cable adjuster assembly 8 - 60 lb. Sieman Deka Fuel injectors Custom Mustang Storage Cover Sequential Tail Light Kit 4 each Staggered Black 5 spoke Bullitt wheels 2 each 17 x 10.5 inch rear (315/35 -17 tire) 2 each 17 x 9 inch front (275/40 -17 tire)

That is add description the car has 40,600 KM on it, so 25,000 miles? Thanks again guys! *and that HP is crank he said it made 565-RWHP*

Also i should mention, this will be a street only car. summer warrior type, winters are so long here :(

Last edited:

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I was going to say that's a lot of power on pump gas, but you clarified. The Diablo mess would worry me so I would plan for a retune from a reputable shop and get a compression test done before purchasing.

GoingBIG

Established Member
I was going to say that's a lot of power on pump gas, but you clarified. The Diablo mess would worry me so I would plan for a retune from a reputable shop and get a compression test done before purchasing.
Hey thank you for the reply, is 565 a safe amount of HP for this set up? and we use 93 gas where i live. Can you explain "diablo mess" and he said he got it tuned form a team in calgary. i dont really have any Reputable shops where im from. Any place i take it is over a hour away and would be a gamble. Thanks again !

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
That's the rarest of the rare, all right! Is it a Canadian spec car?

Best of luck with your purchase. If you find out the last six of vin, or svt prod number, pm me and I will be able to tell you if we have any history on the car. We keep a spreadsheet of the comp orange cars.

GoingBIG

Established Member
That's the rarest of the rare, all right! Is it a Canadian spec car?

Best of luck with your purchase. If you find out the last six of vin, or svt prod number, pm me and I will be able to tell you if we have any history on the car. We keep a spreadsheet of the comp orange cars.
oh man cool! thanks ill find out the vin tonight and get back to you!! thanks for the reply u see any thing with the mod list any comments?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
i think thats 20% is it accurate? not sure, but hes selling his car. hes gonna over rate it :p

20% for an auto and 15% for a manual trans. Those number seem accurate and that boost level is safe for 93. Could probably up the boost a couple pounds and still be safe. The diablo tuner isn't very popular on these cars. The SCT handhelds are far more popular and offer better tuning options I believe. Traveling a few hours to retune the vehicle could save you thousands on the big end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoingBIG

Established Member
20% for an auto and 15% for a manual trans. Those number seem accurate and that boost level is safe for 93. Could probably up the boost a couple pounds and still be safe. The diablo tuner isn't very popular on these cars. The SCT handhelds are far more popular and offer better tuning options I believe. Traveling a few hours to retune the vehicle could save you thousands on the big end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for the reply, i agree ill probably take it to get a re-tune specially if another pound of boost or so is still safe. would just be for bragging rights, i am sure 565rw is plenty for me.

GoingBIG

Established Member
$_59.JPG
$_59 (1).JPG
$_59 (2).JPG

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Damn that thing looks like it means business!
I like the colored coil pack covers.
I've got TVS's, Whipples & Eaton's. Have always wanted a 2.2 KB after hearing one scream a few years ago.
Looks like a clean car!

GoingBIG

Established Member
Damn that thing looks like it means business!
I like the colored coil pack covers.
I've got TVS's, Whipples & Eaton's. Have always wanted a 2.2 KB after hearing one scream a few years ago.
Looks like a clean car!
Nice i really hope its what the pictures portray on friday :) ive only done bikes no high HP cars. 08 GSXR 750 tuned and piped. but that was too fast to be fun 138km in 1st was kinda lame. Im really pumped to enter this new phase. (wife hates ford every thing) and i have changed her mind on this car :)

speedoflife

Established Member
Man that thing looks clean!
Not a fan of the gas cap and added badging on the side. Minor details
Looks like a well taken care of and nicely modded Cobra. I'd vote for you get it - good luck.

GoingBIG

Established Member
Man that thing looks clean!
Not a fan of the gas cap and added badging on the side. Minor details
Looks like a well taken care of and nicely modded Cobra. I'd vote for you get it - good luck.
Thanks man! not sure what the extra badging is on the side. agree on the gas cap, but at least its matches the rims~!

speedoflife

Established Member
Thanks man! not sure what the extra badging is on the side. agree on the gas cap, but at least its matches the rims~!
I don't like the wheels personally either so I guess I was biased to begin with ha!

But in all honesty that car looks to be in good shape. And tastefully done for the most part!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
The car look great. It has great mods and is THE cobra to have (besides mystichrome of course lol)

If you want a cobra, and you pass on this one you're making a mistake. Pending inspection, carfax and compression/leak down testing.

Users who are viewing this thread