Built motor = add boost to Race Ported Eaton?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Don't get caught up in boost. Pulley for X boost and then do what you can to make it more efficient. Or as efficient as it can be after it's pullied for max rpm's.

My car now only makes 14 lbs with the 2.9/6lb combo and by 6,000 rpm's it's down to like 11 lbs lol.

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Mine is pullied 2.76/6lb but I have a gt500 blower. It breathes a little better especially after posi did his magic and I've done every conceivable thing to keep it nice and cool. The torque is brutal and exactly what I wanted. On the street it makes 21 psi

cobracide

Established Member
Larger blower, built motor, different results. The efficiency map is going to be different. Not surprising. Good power.

Last edited:

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
So really what I'm looking at is the rotor speeds to figure effiency and not psi.... I'm actually using a 2.60 Richard racing pulley and a 4# lower. Is the diff between the 2.76 and 2.60 taking me out of the Max efficiency? I guess I could put my 2.76 on the mustang and put the 2.60 on my lightning if need be.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PKFIRE

Established Member
Do you guys run the even cooling mod with the lower set up? I've been lately thinking about adding a lower to my car. Seems like the next step but I have to add more fuel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So really what I'm looking at is the rotor speeds to figure effiency and not psi.... I'm actually using a 2.60 Richard racing pulley and a 4# lower. Is the diff between the 2.76 and 2.60 taking me out of the Max efficiency? I guess I could put my 2.76 on the mustang and put the 2.60 on my lightning if need be.....

Can you test each of the combos at your track?

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Can you test each of the combos at your track?

With the track closed for the year I'm afraid not. That's why I was hoping for personal experiences for reputable folks like Brian, Jake and yourself

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

To me yes you're past efficiency by testing the things you're asking on the dyno and track.

I've never been one to "shoot for the blowers efficiency rating" or "I'm losing boost so I'm pullied for to much".

I always went off of where the car peaked at in the rpm's and when you added boost and that hp peak started dropping like a rock in the rpm's. Then you don't gain any hp and only torque. At the same time you find this is the same time your IAT's for that day of testing start going up more than the previous pulls.
:beer:

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
:thumbup: thanks .... I'll be swapping uppers this weekend it sounds like........

Users who are viewing this thread