GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
It just looks way shorter, the super snake one sticks out a lot more
I took a second look......it is a little more narrower than the SS version. Are the front bumper covers all the same from 2010-20014? Pic looks like a 2012 shelby

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My thoughts to Shelby and their chin splitter

eli-manning-eli.gif

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I took a second look......it is a little more narrower than the SS version. Are the front bumper covers all the same from 2010-20014? Pic looks like a 2012 shelby
The front splitters are all the same for the 11 to 14s, the 13/14s just have the extra aero add ons

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
What is the difference between the SHELBY Heat Exchanger and the triple pass one from VMP?
- Heat exchanger core size
- Core manufacturer
- Dual pass vs. triple pass core
- Coolant inlet and outlet locations
- Cooling fan size
- Heat exchanger pump mounting location options

Standard C&R (Shelby) dual pass has 10” SPAL fans
Competition C&R (Shelby) dual pass has 12” SPAL fans
VMP triple pass has 11” SPAL fans

I have had both C&R heat exchangers on my 2008 GT500, and the competition unit performs slightly better than the standard C&R in warm to hot weather. I assume both would perform better on the open grill 2013-14 GT500. In my opinion, one should install the largest heat exchanger possible without hacking up their car. Based on positive reviews, I believe the VMP unit is similar to the C&R units in efficiency, all else being equal.

Heat exchanger pump model and location along with coolant hose routing should also be a consideration when deciding on a particular heat exchanger.

C&R HE.jpg

C&R Competition HE.jpg

VMP Triple pass.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
- Heat exchanger core size
- Core manufacturer
- Dual pass vs. triple pass core
- Coolant inlet and outlet locations
- Cooling fan size
- Heat exchanger pump mounting location options

Standard C&R (Shelby) dual pass has 10” SPAL fans
Competition C&R (Shelby) dual pass has 12” SPAL fans
VMP triple pass has 11” SPAL fans

I have had both C&R heat exchangers on my 2008 GT500, and the competition unit performs slightly better than the standard C&R in warm to hot weather. I assume both would perform better on the open grill 2013-14 GT500. In my opinion, one should install the largest heat exchanger possible without hacking up their car. Based on positive reviews, I believe the VMP unit is similar to the C&R units in efficiency, all else being equal.

Heat exchanger pump model and location along with coolant hose routing should also be a consideration when deciding on a particular heat exchanger.

View attachment 1818525
View attachment 1818526
View attachment 1818527
Stellar explanation

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Trufiber's version is an option. Looks identical to andersons composite SS splitter

Since I've never been able to score a SS splitter, this is the one I installed a few years ago.
It just looks way shorter, the super snake one sticks out a lot more
IMO, having seen both in-person, it's slightly shorter, sticking out a little less. While noticeable to those of us who know, it beats having no splitter because SS ones are never in stock and I've never received the requested email to tell me when they are. Moreover, sticking out less also means less prone to damage on crowned roads, curbs, etc.
I can't speak to the entire bumper cover, but I can confirm TruFiber's splitter (that's actually available and considerably less expensive than the "real" SS version) fit PERFECTLY on my '13.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Since I've never been able to score a SS splitter, this is the one I installed a few years ago.

IMO, having seen both in-person, it's slightly shorter, sticking out a little less. While noticeable to those of us who know, it beats having no splitter because SS ones are never in stock and I've never received the requested email to tell me when they are. Moreover, sticking out less also means less prone to damage on crowned roads, curbs, etc.

I can't speak to the entire bumper cover, but I can confirm TruFiber's splitter (that's actually available and considerably less expensive than the "real" SS version) fit PERFECTLY on my '13.
I think Trufiber's chin splitter is a quality consideration and alternative to anderson's product. There is no such real thing as a real SS chin splitter IMO. Just another companies product used by SAI.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

I appreciate the feed back on the splitter, I may consider going with that, I also like this one as well.
I think Trufiber's chin splitter is a quality consideration and alternative to anderson's product. There is no such real thing as a real SS chin splitter IMO. Just another companies product used by SAI.
Agreed, the only downside is Shelby won't let anyone copy their discontinued products

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I appreciate the feed back on the splitter, I may consider going with that, I also like this one as well.

Agreed, the only downside is Shelby won't let anyone copy their discontinued products
That ones cool too! I like trufibers.....just my opinion! If you can try and be patient im sure they will pop up again on shelbys site bro!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Damn @Cobra Therapy That hurts. Sorry man too see the damaged splitter. I know its gonna happen to me its just a matter of time. Damn things just sit so low to the ground and you forget about them.
Yep, a truck tire exploded on the highway and it was all over. Nothing I could do to avoid it.They are on back order like crazy so who knows when I get a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread