Built engine time.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks man, I'm still thinking about selling her sometime next year and getting a real 13/14 Super Snake, but if I end up keeping her I'm probably going to do a Gen 4 2.9 whipple. Especially since the Shelby1000 hood was a complete disaster.
A 3.4 fits under a stock hood,..................with a little blanket mod..

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man, I'm still thinking about selling her sometime next year and getting a real 13/14 Super Snake, but if I end up keeping her I'm probably going to do a Gen 4 2.9 whipple. Especially since the Shelby1000 hood was a complete disaster.
I forgot about the hood clearance needed for a 3.6 KB. Gen 4 whipple would work well with your setup too. You only get one turn in this crazy world called life. I truly encourage you to do what or have what you really want to own. Either way you go your in a win......win situation even if you decide to stay with that rare beautiful shelby GT500 you possess now!! Your shelby is truly beautiful,collectible and uniquely built. Choose wisely my friend!!!!!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep whipple is the way to go.
I definitely want to give whipple a chance, I've never ran one other their superchargers

I was actually talking to my brother about your setup the other day. I really like the 3.4 whipple and it looks amazing in the wrinkle blue. My question is, how much of a pain in the ass is it going to be to get one?
I forgot about the hood clearance needed for a 3.6 KB. Gen 4 whipple would work well with your setup too. You only get one turn in this crazy world called life. I truly encourage you to do what or have what you really want to own. Either way you go your in a win......win situation even if you decide to stay with that rare beautiful shelby GT500 you possess now!! Your shelby is truly beautiful,collectible and uniquely built. Choose wisely my friend!!!!!
I hear yeah and I appreciate it, I'm torn on what I want to do. My GT500 is great and I think with a better supercharger I might be even more happy with her. But, I really want to get into a real 13/14 Super Snake. I'm not making any crazy decisions right now lol. But definitely sometime next year.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I definitely want to give whipple a chance, I've never ran one other their superchargers

I was actually talking to my brother about your setup the other day. I really like the 3.4 whipple and it looks amazing in the wrinkle blue. My question is, how much of a pain in the ass is it going to be to get one?

I hear yeah and I appreciate it, I'm torn on what I want to do. My GT500 is great and I think with a better supercharger I might be even more happy with her. But, I really want to get into a real 13/14 Super Snake. I'm not making any crazy decisions right now lol. But definitely sometime next year.

I think the 3.4 and 4.0 have been discontinued

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the 3.4 and 4.0 have been discontinued
They have been discontinued, that's why I'm not sure how I'll get one. Every once in awhile I see a Gen4 2.9 whipple kit. Maybe eventually I'll do a WTB thread to get a 3.4 whipple.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Get the gen.5 whipple 3.8
If I was going to do a big blower I'd do a 4.2KB, but my replica Shelby1000 hood was a piece of shit. I think the 2.9 whipple will be perfect with the stock hood. But I would definitely like to find a 3.4 whipple.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
If I was going to do a big blower I'd do a 4.2KB, but my replica Shelby1000 hood was a piece of shit. I think the 2.9 whipple will be perfect with the stock hood. But I would definitely like to find a 3.4 whipple.
Would you consider this hood to get the supercharger you desire? Just a thought.....not sure what the clearance would be thou. Getting an authentic Shelby 1000 or SS hood is next to impossible. Always a chance of a miracle but that could be a very, very long wait.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Would you consider this hood to get the supercharger you desire? Just a thought.....not sure what the clearance would be thou. Getting an authentic Shelby 1000 or SS hood is next to impossible. Always a chance of a miracle but that could be a very, very long wait.

I guess I'm not completely against those hoods. But i really wanted the Shelby1000 look up front. And those hoods honestly look cheap next to a real Super Snake hood. I know probably being more picky than I should be.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I'm not completely against those hoods. But i really wanted the Shelby1000 look up front. And those hoods honestly look cheap next to a real Super Snake hood. I know probably being more picky than I should be.
You have every right to be picky! It's just getting an authentic shelby 1000 hood is almost unrealistic. I dont think more than (12) 2013-2014 shelby 1000's exist and the hoods were custom made to order. I believe BMC made the SS hoods for shelby.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You have every right to be picky! It's just getting an authentic shelby 1000 hood is almost unrealistic. I dont think more than (12) 2013-2014 shelby 1000's exist and the hoods were custom made to order. I believe BMC made the SS hoods for shelby.
I know they made five 2014 Shelby1000s, not sure on how many 2013 1000s were made, maybe 6 or 7 and I think around 28 2012 Shelby1000s were made. I actual found a guy on Facebook that has a real deal Shelby1000 hood hanging in his garage that's not being used anymore. I told him name your price, and he said his son wants it when he moves, I was like WTF, that makes no sense, but whatever. I may give in and get the knock off super snake hood to run a 4.2KB if I can't find a Gen4 2.9 whipple or a 3.4 whipple.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I know they made five 2014 Shelby1000s, not sure on how many 2013 1000s were made, maybe 6 or 7 and I think around 28 2012 Shelby1000s were made. I actual found a guy on Facebook that has a real deal Shelby1000 hood hanging in his garage that's not being used anymore. I told him name your price, and he said his son wants it when he moves, I was like WTF, that makes no sense, but whatever. I may give in and get the knock off super snake hood to run a 4.2KB if I can't find a Gen4 2.9 whipple or a 3.4 whipple.
If you really want that shelby 1000 hood, make him an offer he cant refuse! That SS hood from BMC would work fine, an nobody would know the difference between it being a hood off a real SS or a replicate. Really....... what difference does it make? Its made of fiberglass just like the authenic SS hood.

PS: To help with your wheel spin seriously consider Motec ECU 150 PNP. It would really help at the power level that shelby is putting out. Stock ECU and T/C is limited at your power output!

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nicely done @2011 gtcs ! Looks awesome!! That built 5.8 is begging for a nice shiny 3.6 KB to go on top of it.........lol
The most ive ever seen on a dyno was 1430 whp on a Mustang dyno (Stick shift tho) and it had a KB 4.5 liter. But they tend to get heat soaked REALLY fast.......

The motor was a 5.8 on a 2013 Mustang GT500 built by BES Racing (Best in the business imo) and had a billet crank. $35k motor but it sure performed well.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
The most ive ever seen on a dyno was 1430 whp on a Mustang dyno (Stick shift tho) and it had a KB 4.5 liter. But they tend to get heat soaked REALLY fast.......

The motor was a 5.8 on a 2013 Mustang GT500 built by BES Racing (Best in the business imo) and had a billet crank. $35k motor but it sure performed well.
Yes they heat soak fast. That's why I brought up the whipple 3.8.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Whipple 3.8
Blue_GT500_800.jpg

**NOTE: The Gen5 3.8L SC Kit will NOT fit under the factory hood without the K-member spacer kit AND the adjustable motor mounts. Aftermarket hoods such as the Supersnake fit, but the supercharger still requires the adjustable engine mounts to clear the cowling.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If you really want that shelby 1000 hood, make him an offer he cant refuse! That SS hood from BMC would work fine, an nobody would know the difference between it being a hood off a real SS or a replicate. Really....... what difference does it make? Its made of fiberglass just like the authenic SS hood.

PS: To help with your wheel spin seriously consider Motec ECU 150 PNP. It would really help at the power level that shelby is putting out. Stock ECU and T/C is limited at your power output!
I might reach out to him one more time next month. Worst case I do the BMC hood and call it a day. And yes I've been looking into the Motec ECU, but Holy hell it's expensive lol. Lund racing has done a great job tuning the stock ECU, So I'm not sure who I would use to tune it with the Motec setup. But I'll be buying a bigger supercharger first lol.
Thing is so ****ing dope I dont even have words for it smfh
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

My engine is nowhere near that built, JDM said I should be good up to 1,100whp. But the most I'll do is 1000whp and even than I'd still probably turn it down some. The 4.7 KB is a big girl and from talked to Van at Revanracing he said the 4.2 KB is the way to go.
Whipple 3.8
Blue_GT500_800.jpg

**NOTE: The Gen5 3.8L SC Kit will NOT fit under the factory hood without the K-member spacer kit AND the adjustable motor mounts. Aftermarket hoods such as the Supersnake fit, but the supercharger still requires the adjustable engine mounts to clear the cowling.
Sell me your 3.4 whipple lol.
What happened to the Shelby 1000 hood you had made ?
The guy who made it did a piss poor job, I'm disappointed to say the least, especially for how much it cost. The hood fits crooked as hell and I'm not sure if any body shop can fix that, Or if they can It's going to be very expensive and I'll probably have to leave my car at the body shop for a couple weeks and I'm not ok with that.
Screenshot_20221212_102331_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221212_102344_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221212_102354_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221212_102406_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221212_102420_Gallery.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes they heat soak fast. That's why I brought up the whipple 3.8.
Me too for my Trackhawk tho...... Its got a 430ci billet aluminum stroker going in with aluminum thitek heads, inconel exhaust valves, titanium intake valves, billet Winberg crank and Callies ultra billet rods with custom pistons. Plan on making 1500+ with nitrous. Gotta do the trans and converter next......

Almost done with it. Plan on going 8's on blower only. Dont think that has been done yet but not sure. Gonna be hard to beat on the street. Just bought a Titanium exhaust for it. Saved 60 lbs. The Aluminum block and heads are 100 lbs lighter than the stock block.

Considering Carbon Ceramic rotors but shit at $16k just for rotors thats steep AF! But I could essentially lose 150 lbs off the front end with the Aluminum block and light weight rotors. Thats huge! Plus the rotating mass.

The F1 interchiller is an absolute MUST for any blower car imo. We picked up 80 whp with it on my buddies Hellcat. Temps were 5 degrees! 5!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread