Built engine economy

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
For the guys with the built engines and lower compression, how much worse has your fuel economy gotten

gt347mustang

Established Member
If you're worried about a slight loss in fuel economy, don't build your engine.

There should be less than 3% change in fuel economy depending on your driving style and tune.

stang910

Established Member
Are you asking because your already built with lower compression? I have the Boss shortblock and even with the blower on the car my gas mileage hasn't changed much from my NA setup.

stang910

Established Member
You can buy it from Ford Racing. Call up Tousley Ford for a great price on it. I purchased all the parts separate and assembled it myself. Saved me about $1000. Think it cost me about $2400 including a new $1200 block.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
You can buy it from Ford Racing. Call up Tousley Ford for a great price on it. I purchased all the parts separate and assembled it myself. Saved me about $1000. Think it cost me about $2400 including a new $1200 block.

Wow! The boss parts are all pre balanced correct? That why you could just put it together?

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
How much can these things take? This may be an option if they can hold up to alot of power. Been looking at the mmr setup.

stang910

Established Member
Yes I used the Boss bearings also. As for how much power they can hold... nobody has found the limit as far as I know. There's guys making over 800 without problems. Ford claims the rods are the strongest rod they've ever made so I'd say the weak link are the rod bolts.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member

Tousley has the blocks for around 1200?

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Yes I used the Boss bearings also. As for how much power they can hold... nobody has found the limit as far as I know. There's guys making over 800 without problems. Ford claims the rods are the strongest rod they've ever made so I'd say the weak link are the rod bolts.

Oh ok thanks.

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I'm already being built but I was wondering if it'd be a huge change. Bc our tanks aren't very big I was checking to see if I'd have a decent range

Users who are viewing this thread