Building our new home - build thread

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG
OP, home building is an awesome experience. We bought 5 acres in Colorado Springs in February and our house is well underway too. Now, I just need a job to escape Italy.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
^^ Looking good!

What's the market price for 5 acres in Colorado Springs? My wife and I loved that area, and said that's the only place we'd move if we left TX.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Idk about Colorado Springs but sw in Durango land is outrageous, cost of living is unbelievable yet the job market is horrible.

Turned out amazing! Excellent choice on Dryden btw. Did you already close? Should add a rainfall, wouldn't be a big ordeal or costly.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ Looking good!

What's the market price for 5 acres in Colorado Springs? My wife and I loved that area, and said that's the only place we'd move if we left TX.
We are in a pretty heavily treed area with no view of the mountains. Entering argument is about $30k/acre, but expect more if you have a kickass view. The housing market is pretty hot right now, but we're selling property in San Diego and moving inland.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
We are in a pretty heavily treed area with no view of the mountains. Entering argument is about $30k/acre, but expect more if you have a kickass view. The housing market is pretty hot right now, but we're selling property in San Diego and moving inland.

That's about what it is here, we paid about $30k per acre but lack trees! It's an old cattle pasture. But the proximity to downtown Austin is what drives the price. We are about 20 miles from the heart of downtown.

nickf2005

Established Member
That's about what it is here, we paid about $30k per acre but lack trees! It's an old cattle pasture. But the proximity to downtown Austin is what drives the price. We are about 20 miles from the heart of downtown.

Makes my wooded, $9,400/acre, 25 minutes from downtown Indy seem like a steal! Some of the subdivision plot prices around here are ridiculous though.

jconnor3

Established Member
@nickf2005 where in Indy are you located? We are looking to buy 3-5 acres but the problem is we are wanting something on the north side. Seems like the only thing with that much land has a house on it and they want $650k+ for.

nickf2005

Established Member
@nickf2005 where in Indy are you located? We are looking to buy 3-5 acres but the problem is we are wanting something on the north side. Seems like the only thing with that much land has a house on it and they want $650k+ for.
We are far East Side, in Hancock County, and New Pal school systems. You're right, as the North side is much higher cost of property. Carmel, Westfield, Zionsville, Fishers, and Noblesville are much more pricey than where we are. Part of the reason why we "settled" there.

Users who are viewing this thread