Build Turbo or 07 Z06?

Should Naz Go Aheads & Build or Get New Z06?

• Spend 18K+ and Build the Turbo Set-up!

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • Sell the Cobra and Get New Z06!

Votes: 69 60.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Hope that you do build up the cobra Nazman! Imma probably be PMing you shortly as I'm about to do the same build, just won't be done nearly as quick as you.

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
Nazman said:
So, that is how the 18Ks will be invested. It may be just little over or under that but my "cost estimate" spread sheet puts me at $17748.92 as of right now.

So there you have it!

Naz

You should just sell your motor and built the new one. Why dont your heads work? cant you change the cams. 18K is cheap for all that. I hope your going to do the porting I heard having 04 heads P&P cost alot of money. I hope you up graded your tranny by now . Make a C4. Good luck

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
unfortunately I'd have to say that the vette in that pic is sick looking. If that is what you have in mind, get the Z06, very tasty. :thumbsup:

Nazman

Established Member
99flblackcobra said:
You should just sell your motor and built the new one. Why dont your heads work? cant you change the cams. 18K is cheap for all that. I hope your going to do the porting I heard having 04 heads P&P cost alot of money. I hope you up graded your tranny by now . Make a C4. Good luck

Ok.

All the FR500 pieces have been sold. Heads, Cams/VT, Intake as well as all the SLP exhaust (LTs, Mid Pipe). This is helping finance the Long Block.

The 04 Heads I have on hand. I'm doing the Port Work on them. Then they will be shipped to Modular Performance where they will be decked, install Bronce Valve Guides, over size SS Valves and 5 angle VJ and new Valve Train (Cams, Springs and what not).

Modular Performance is bulding the new short block which consist of MY big bore, New Diamond Pistons, Oliver Billets, up-graded pings, the block will be re-machined and bring the CIs to 306CIs. CR will be o/a 9:0:1 - 9:3:1.

Also, all the VT will be fully adjstable via Mod Componets adjustable VT.

So, it will be a 306CI/9.X:1CR Turbo'd New Edge.

The sole reason of selling all the FR500 stuff was to finance the new long block. So, after all is said and done out of my pocket cash comes down to o/a $9500.00 bucks.

Since I do my own head work, that saves lots of cash. This time MP will do all the assembly since my time is SUPER limited as of now.

By the way, my current Pistons (3.700 Diamond Ceramic Coated & Dry Lubed) along with my Manley H-Beams/ARP 2000 bolts will be available for sale at the end of MAY. So, if anyone is intereted on some quality Piston/Rod combo for a "future" Big Bore build........let me know!!

Naz

Last edited:

polosport69112

Established Member
lets see the cobra will be cheaper, faster and ok lets be honest, it doesn't look AS good as that z but it still looks pretty sweet. plus if you buy a new z you will lose 10k in the first year of ownership right there...save that 10k and do what you're doin.

warpd

Established Member
I'm glad you decided to build the Cobra. My reasoning is this, there are a lot of car buyers out there. 85% of the time when I see some guy in a z06 or Viper they are douchebags. They bought the car to show off and thats pretty much it, obviously thats not you but people will assume that.They are not alot of car builders out there or turbo mustangs despite what some people would have us think. There is always gonna be the newer baddest car out, I mean shit they are talking about building a vette even faster than the z06 already. If I think about the cars that started my passion for cars, they were not stock cars, they were the heavily modified sick street cars in magazines. The passion I have for cars comes from modding them. I have never really been interested in most exotics for that reason, because I would rather have a heavily modified car that no one else really has that will absolutely **** a Ferrari up than a stock Ferrari just so I can tell people I own a Ferrari, assuming I ever got the chance. If I was ABSOLUTELY loaded I would probably build a TT Viper and be happy, thats if I was pretty filthy rich. If you pulled up in a 700-800hp turbo cobra and stockish z06 was parked right next to it I personally would probly ignore the z06 and be all over the Cobra.

stangin99

Established Member
Naz, why not go return style? The more I hear about super-high hp cars the more issues I hear they have with reliably supplying enough fuel at those levels with a returnless system.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
the legendary Naz FR500 setup will be well taken care off... going into a road racing 2003 4v GT sitting all the way over here in little Switzerland, Europe!!!

Naz, you better not change your mind ;-)

J

Janstang

Naz, you'll love it. I finally got on mine yesterday. Wow, is all I can say. And its only at 10psi. Next up is 15psi, if that looks good (fuel wise) I will go up to 20psi..

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
TT Cobra Setup & do a crazy blacked out scheme on your cobra.. Our mustangs can look really good too.. + why sell the car you put so much work into? Do the turbo

Users who are viewing this thread