Build thread: Project "Exterminator". Twin turbo 2018 F150 RCSB 5.0 A10 4x4.

stang910

Established Member
Great time, will surprise almost anybody. Is that 9s sec pass on the same 14psi or did you turn it up more? Just curious because you trap speed went from 132 to 134 to 138.

olympic

Established Member
Great time, will surprise almost anybody. Is that 9s sec pass on the same 14psi or did you turn it up more? Just curious because you trap speed went from 132 to 134 to 138.

This was at 16 psi plus 330lb of weight reduction. The Race Stars + slicks are 120lb lighter than my street wheels plus I pulled out the passenger seat, sub box, front sway bar, tail gate and rear bumper/hitch.

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
Bump. Surely you have some videos now.

I disassembled it last winter to get ready for paint thinking it wouldn't be a big deal but I called every body shop around and they aren't even interested in non-insurance work. Shops that do private/restoration type work are an 18 month wait. The plan now it to build a paint booth in my shop, learn to paint and do it myself.

andymarkv

Established Member
That SUCKS!! That thing was so sweet...I can't imagine losing a short summer of romping on it due to paint....
Unfortunately...its starting to look like if you want anything specialized done these days...you've got to do it yourself....

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I disassembled it last winter to get ready for paint thinking it wouldn't be a big deal but I called every body shop around and they aren't even interested in non-insurance work. Shops that do private/restoration type work are an 18 month wait. The plan now it to build a paint booth in my shop, learn to paint and do it myself.

The real hard part is laying down the clear-coat, but a great product starts with great prep work which Im sure you're accustomed to. Make sure you really follow every step and learn as much as you can in regards to laying down the clear.

olympic

Established Member
The real hard part is laying down the clear-coat, but a great product starts with great prep work which Im sure you're accustomed to. Make sure you really follow every step and learn as much as you can in regards to laying down the clear.

Minor orange peel and dust nibs are pretty much unavoidable and it's especially visible on black paint. The plan is to lay down a minimum of 4 coats of clear and then wet sand it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Minor orange peel and dust nibs are pretty much unavoidable and it's especially visible on black paint. The plan is to lay down a minimum of 4 coats of clear and then wet sand it.

Yep, those issues are common and so wet sanding can help remedy that. I'm referring to just laying down the clear in general to even get it to adhere properly and actually get something you can work with after.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Fantastic build! I'm sure with your attention to detail you'll be able to give it a nice paint job! That said, it's ALL in the prep. It's also important to give the primer plenty of time to shrink before you paint it if you want the paint to look day 1 good on day 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread