build, then build bigger. New set up - new goals.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
The old set up was fun. Made 1078 on 18lbs with the 7675 and t56. Stock sleeved, built motor.
new set up should be slightly faster. Power by the hour build auto, circle d converter, MPR sleeved motor, billet I beams and whatnot, and a t6 Borg with race cover. Would like 1200 or so thru the auto.

had a busy weekend getting stuff back together. we put the motor and trans back in the car Saturday morning/afternoon, so it was all down hill from there.

I had sent my double pump hat back in to Fore to have it converted to a triple, to support my goals and keep it safe. I had ben @ Fore put in a third walbro 465, so i should be covered for 1300+ on the fuel side.

i also decided to convert my dead-headed fuel rails to a true series set up, so I ordered fittings and did all that. now, it feeds from the pumps, to the back of the rails, then from the front of the rails, to the regulator.

I spent a good bit of time re-routing things under the hood to try to keep it as clean as possible, and hide as much as i could. this meant re-routing the rail feeds to the tunnel, which proved more difficult than i imagined just based on the damn fittings.

I also spent some time recessing the wiring on my slim fan assembly to make room for the up pipe and down pipe.

did some clever stuff with hiding boost references to my MAP sensor, and new pressure ports on the charged side off the turbo for gate pressure, all hidden of course. the goal was to take my time, and hide everything as much as I could.

as you can see, i powdercoated everything black as well. the coolant tank, breather tank where the battery sat, and the charge pipe really make it look nice.

image.jpeg
IMG_7341 (1).JPG
IMG_7408.JPGIMG_7419.JPG
IMG_7427.JPG

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
not unhappy, but i knew it would be faster with an auto.

when i made that call, a new turbo was a necessary evil just based on the AR differences, and how much more I can load it with the auto vs 6 speed.

the new turbo should show significant gains from 6000-7500 RPMs, where as the 7675 basically flat lined from 6200+ on the dyno. the hot side is just not large enough.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Stop cross posting threads about this turd and finish it up already!

Swap out that license plate yet?

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Stop cross posting threads about this turd and finish it up already!

Swap out that license plate yet?

dont tell me how to live my lifeeee!

i'm leaving EVLTWNS on there till I can think of something better. suggestions?

i'm waiting on my buddy to program the as built data in, and get that going, so we can hopefully fire it up this weekend. trust me, i'm as ready as anyone!

the downpipe and chute will be here this week so i'll be putting that on too.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
BOS NTAK for a tag. You know, here at SVTP, a 5.0 with a Boss Intake beats all!

Pretty sick build, too. Can't wait to see some times.

Users who are viewing this thread