Bugatti Veyrons cannot glide across water

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You can get a bond to prove financial repsonsibility, if I remember right. But as far as what the rest fo the world thinks of as full-coverage insurance, forget about it.

Jim Snover

I don't know how in the state of Texas. It has to have insurance. But that's not saying much, the majority of Texas Drivers don't have insuransce.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
hahah true looks to me like it almost made it :lol:

:lol: Yeah....only about another mile to go!!! rotflmao

Talk about your "oh shit" moment. That's about the most satisfying "talking on the cell phone while driving" conclusion I've ever heard.

BIRD:1 VEYRON OWNER: -$1.6 Million.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
You can get a bond to prove financial repsonsibility, if I remember right. But as far as what the rest fo the world thinks of as full-coverage insurance, forget about it.

Jim Snover

yep, i was going to mention a bond. but you can also get insurance through Lloyds of London. they'll insure anything, for a price :read:

the bond, and requirement of insurance, is just to have in case of an accident. so are able to compensate the other party if youre at fault. having full coverage isnt a requirement anywhere (by statute).

so....the big question is, if youre loaded, do you just have a bond in case you hurt/damage someone else? or do you get full coverage for your $1 million car at a cost of probably $100k per year :dw::shrug::p

im betting that most uber rich folks just go with a bond and try not wreck their own car. and if they do, probably just walk away from it and kick themselves in the ass :fart:

we have a few members here with some "affordable" exotic cars and im sure they have buddies with cars nearing the $1 million mark. maybe they know what is usually done

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I like how the good ol boy tow truck driver just wraps his big old chain around the rear tire and yanks. I am sure it did wonders on the rear cover too.

If I were the owner of that car the rear rim being scratched would be the least of my worries.

Sap

Established Member
You figure with AWD and traction control hitting a mud patch wouldn't be a big deal, must of been speeding something fierce.

Feel bad for the guy but at least he can get it cleaned up and donate it to a museum for a tax write off or something....

61mmstang94

Established Member
^^^Im going 2 say yes when the rim that chain is wrapped around prob cost 5+ grand

What do you think the owner is going to do? Get on ebay trying to sell the parts because he needs the money out of it? If he was that worried about damage he would have gone ahead and turned the ****ing thing off instead of letting it run in several feet of water for 15 minutes until it locked up.

I think him dragging the car instead of getting it out of gear ticked me off

Again, the guy drove his $Million+ car into a lake and left it running until it locked up. I'm sure he's going to complain about dragging it out on slippery mud where it did no more damage than what had already been done.

If I were the owner of that car the rear rim being scratched would be the least of my worries.

Exactly.

he probly already signed the check for his next one

Maybe lol.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
you are the 2nd person to say something about this. The car is sitting in salt water with the door open. what do you want the guy to do strap on his scuba gear and find nice spot under the car?

lol man, +1

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
Same car.

[ame=http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16808]Bugatti Veyron FOR SALE - The Ford GT Forum[/ame]

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
the thing that really is a mind ****, is he and anyone else that was there, let it idle in the water for 15min before it died? How does a person with all that money not even have the brains to shut off the car...

Users who are viewing this thread