Bugatti Veyrons cannot glide across water

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
do you guys actually think that will break the owners bank? get real. anyone with a million dollar car has alot more money than you would think.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
If you can afford a Veryon, you can probably afford to wreck a Veryon. I give 10 style points for crashing into a lake... lol

Last

Established Member
do you guys actually think that will break the owners bank? get real. anyone with a million dollar car has alot more money than you would think.

Then he should have stacked 100 dollar bills under the car to get it out.... or maybe called his private helicopter to come get it, or even better get the Verizon network people to come and bring it to safety.

ttk53

Established Member
full story

VIDEO: Low-flying pelican results in Bugatti Veyron Hydro Edition — Autoblog

This is one of the saddest, yet most amusing sights we've ever seen. A $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron sitting in a salt water lagoon, door open, in two feet of nasty, corrosion-inducing muddy water. While the sight is sad, how the event allegedly transpired is downright hilarious. The unnamed owner of the vehicle, traveling through Galveston, Texas to look at some high-end property, was reportedly talking on his cell phone when a low-flying pelican distracted him. The driver swerved to avoid the big bird, dropped his cell phone, and in the process the front passenger tire hit a mud patch.

A quad-turbo, 16-cylinder engine may be able to get you to 60 mph in under three seconds, but it doesn't work well with mud, so the supercar made a b-line for an adjacent lagoon. The ultra rare Veyron (reportedly one of 15 copies here in the States) was still running after it rested nearly belt-line high in the salt water, as local news affiliate KHOU reported the 1,000+ hp engine "gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died." It probably would have been a great idea to kill power to the engine (and even shut the door) once the Veyron hit the muck, but hey, what do we know?

Hit the jump to watch video of the Veyron as it is extracted from its salty abyss. And if you own a Veyron, let this be a lesson to you that having money doesn't necessarily mean you have the skill to drive a supercar, especially when you're on the phone. Thanks to everyone for the tips!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
video: Low-flying pelican results in bugatti veyron hydro edition — autoblog

this is one of the saddest, yet most amusing sights we've ever seen. A $1.6 million bugatti veyron sitting in a salt water lagoon, door open, in two feet of nasty, corrosion-inducing muddy water. While the sight is sad, how the event allegedly transpired is downright hilarious. The unnamed owner of the vehicle, traveling through galveston, texas to look at some high-end property, was reportedly talking on his cell phone when a low-flying pelican distracted him. The driver swerved to avoid the big bird, dropped his cell phone, and in the process the front passenger tire hit a mud patch.

A quad-turbo, 16-cylinder engine may be able to get you to 60 mph in under three seconds, but it doesn't work well with mud, so the supercar made a b-line for an adjacent lagoon. The ultra rare veyron (reportedly one of 15 copies here in the states) was still running after it rested nearly belt-line high in the salt water, as local news affiliate khou reported the 1,000+ hp engine "gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died." it probably would have been a great idea to kill power to the engine (and even shut the door) once the veyron hit the muck, but hey, what do we know?

Hit the jump to watch video of the veyron as it is extracted from its salty abyss. And if you own a veyron, let this be a lesson to you that having money doesn't necessarily mean you have the skill to drive a supercar, especially when you're on the phone. Thanks to everyone for the tips!

lol

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
You will probably see this car on craigslist for real cheap now. I like how the good ol boy tow truck driver just wraps his big old chain around the rear tire and yanks. I am sure it did wonders on the rear cover too.

ttk53

Established Member
You will probably see this car on craigslist for real cheap now. I like how the good ol boy tow truck driver just wraps his big old chain around the rear tire and yanks. I am sure it did wonders on the rear cover too.

you are the 2nd person to say something about this. The car is sitting in salt water with the door open. what do you want the guy to do strap on his scuba gear and find nice spot under the car?

Z28

Established Member
Wow, he left it running for 15 minutes in the water until it died. Smart....

svtwelch711

Established Member
I'd still put it in the garage to look at. LOL how F'n sad is that. I would want a car in my garage that can't run. Kinda sounds like my cobra hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread