Buddy of mine get pulled over for street racing catches it all on video.

kaz109

Established Member
Like of ppl from Cali have said it is no joke around here and you get your car impounded and put in jail. In some cases hour car will be crushed. All other states have it easy compared to Cali. Cop was a real cool guy

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Damn I guess I better stay out of Ocean City... I'd be getting $70 excessive noise tickets all day long lol.
It's more of a "you pissed us off so now we will fine you for it" thing, I had several cops tell me to "hit it" nothing wild but I would run1st gear out to like 55mph and shut down. The "cops" are awesome 8/10 times but the seasonal guys are HORRIBLE, if you cough and don't cover your mouth they will try to write a ticket.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I got pulled over street racing in OC a few years ago in my Terminator. Was racing an Evo down Coastal Highway and was doing about 100-110 when we passed a cop turning out of a parking lot. After being pulled over for 45 minutes or so he came back and gave me a ticket for a 50 in a 40 and a ticket for 'spinning tires.' That had to be the luckiest night of my life.

I caught up with the driver of the Evo the next night and he got nailed for ~$600 in tickets and 4 points on his license if everything stuck.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I was pulled over for street racing when I was 17. I was let off with a warning.

I had a Focus ZX3 with an Aerocharger on it at the time. I ended up lining up against an early 90's Eclipse GSX. Running down the street we both past a cop trying to turn on to the road we were on. The other guy ran, I just pulled over.

The officer was nice enough, but still lectured me about consequences, especially once you turn 18 etc. In the end he asked me to call my dad so he could talk to him. He talked with my father for about 5 minutes and I distinctly remember him saying "I was 17 once too."

He let me off with a warning and let me know my father expected me home in 10 minutes.

Even though I did everything I could to get in to the cops good graces after I past him (pulling over immediately without lights or siren, being polite and not lying) I should have still been given a ticket and likely lost my license.

I wish I could say that one incident made me learn my lesson and I never street raced again, but I did continue to race for several years after that. Once I had the disposable income to actually go to the track, that's what finally got me to stop racing on the street. Luckily I've never been ticketed for those actions and I count myself as lucky for it.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I was pulled over for street racing when I was 17. I was let off with a warning.

I had a Focus ZX3 with an Aerocharger on it at the time. I ended up lining up against an early 90's Eclipse GSX. Running down the street we both past a cop trying to turn on to the road we were on. The other guy ran, I just pulled over.

The officer was nice enough, but still lectured me about consequences, especially once you turn 18 etc. In the end he asked me to call my dad so he could talk to him. He talked with my father for about 5 minutes and I distinctly remember him saying "I was 17 once too."

He let me off with a warning and let me know my father expected me home in 10 minutes.

Even though I did everything I could to get in to the cops good graces after I past him (pulling over immediately without lights or siren, being polite and not lying) I should have still been given a ticket and likely lost my license.

I wish I could say that one incident made me learn my lesson and I never street raced again, but I did continue to race for several years after that. Once I had the disposable income to actually go to the track, that's what finally got me to stop racing on the street. Luckily I've never been ticketed for those actions and I count myself as lucky for it.

So how bad did you get it from your dad? LOL

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
I hate that you can get a ticket for "modified exhaust".. I got pulled over one evening after work because my HID went out.. huge headache, Just wanted to get home. not even a mile from my house I get pulled over. Cop said he wouldn't have noticed me if it wasnt for my exhaust. Also said, anything that isn't stock they can write you a ticket for.. which IMO is pushing it. He could tell I didn't feel good and just wanted to go home, so he ended up cutting me a break and just gave me a warning for both.

Jefe

Established Member
LOL

Capture_zps5f3aa947.jpg

Ya he was lucky. Here that would be 8 pts and a suspended license. Easily $700+

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Rule number 1 when you're about to break a traffic law. Look in your mirrors first to check for cops.

This guy is lucky. There have been times when I have been lucky and times when I haven't been lucky. The thing is if you go out there and raise hell at some point you are going to take a ride to jail.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
He should be really happy. I wont even tell you what happened to me. I wish I got off with warnings and those fines.

If this happened on long island where im from, he would have went to jail. Trst me

GTBill

Established Member
posting videos of cops being buttholes is one thing, such as the video of the one cop telling the guy he pulled over how they're targeting bikers.

but, in this the cop cut this kid a huge break, and if he or anyone sees it from his state or department it may not be mr.nice guy next time.

I donno if anyone made my point already, I didn't read the whole thread. :shrug:

I don't even know why of all places someone would be street racing on streets like that. Highways out of any city are far safer for street racing. Easy pickins for local cops.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I told him to leave his car in the garage with mine, as shitty as it was I just drank all weekend.

We still got a ticket for having 7 people in the bed of the truck....

OC cops are starting to kill it, but we did run into a cool one that let us keep partying in the parking garage.

Honestly, guys like your friend are killing it. At least take that shit out to route 50 where it may be a little safer and not so many cops. I will admit i'm not opposed to a good street race, but not where they were doing it. And I know it's tempting. People want to bitch about how bad the cops are getting, yet street racing on Costal Highway lol.

There were way too many people hit by cars this year in OC.....:bash:

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
lucky bastard. I went to jail when I was 17 for that. 2 days before it became a felony in dallas. $1500 later i got my car back and was damn close to losing my license until i was 25. I still play around on the road but NEVER in traffic or inside a city. (the dallas thing was in the industrial area at 2am with no one around besides me, the other dude and a actually pretty cool cop, he was in the trial thing with us and said we were being "safe")

Dallas doesn't **** around. I hate driving in Dallas.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
very very very lucky for getting off that light. could have been tagged with pre arranged and car would be gone straight to impound with loss of license and lots of money in lawyer fees.. could have been tagged with spontaneous and kept car but lost license and got many points with a lot of money in lawyers fees. been there done that and i have not and wont ever do it again.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I got busted a few times when younger - lots of points on my license and lawyer fees, but never went to jail and somehow managed to never lose my license. I once had a cop tell me he didn't know it was possible to have as many points as I did and still have a license. Luckily I'm not that young and dumb anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread