Buddies original 427 Shelby Cobra

D1SC_GT

Banned
He just finished the resto and spared absolutely no expense. The pictures dont do this thing justice!

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Post up a pic of the factory build plate to prove it's an actual 1965 (or so) car. Should now be worth above one million dollars. Several sold last year for more than 1.5 million.

These must be original 1965 cars. NOT continuation cars built by Shelby today.

But any way you look at it he has a really pretty car. How does it sound?

byeofcr

Established Member
Original eh?
10672770_1.gif

All ball breaking aside that thing is sweet

Last edited by a moderator:

D1SC_GT

Banned
Those fittings definitely look original.:rolleyes:

I specifically said it was a resto.

Anyways, I guess it isn't an "original" that was built 50 years ago, but Im almost positive it isnt a replica. I think that he had an original chassis or shell. I dont know a whole lot about the oldschool cobra's, all I know that he put a HELL of a lot of work (and $$$$$) into this thing. He did all the resto work himself, not bad for a 70+ year-old

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Title states original brotha.. It's not biggie.. Just most people catch it right off the bat, especially people who know the heritage of those cars.. It's a replica.. All cars that aren't the originals are replica's.. Even the "continuation" that shelby did are all replica's..

It's a badass car none the less. My dad had a ERA car that was so correct only a concours judge could tell the difference.. They are amazing cars, and extremely dangerous to drive lol.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I see kit GT40s occasionally, and see these cars as well, and I can't decide which I'd rather have.

Looks sweet.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I specifically said it was a resto.

Anyways, I guess it isn't an "original" that was built 50 years ago, but Im almost positive it isnt a replica. I think that he had an original chassis or shell. I dont know a whole lot about the oldschool cobra's, all I know that he put a HELL of a lot of work (and $$$$$) into this thing. He did all the resto work himself, not bad for a 70+ year-old

Lets see... "finished the resto" means finished the restoration, especially when you title the thread "Buddies original 427 Shelby Cobra". Nice try.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Would that be an absolute blast to own/drive or what. Gorgeous Cobra there. I give the owner credit for putting (apparently) so much money and time into it to do it right.

D1SC_GT

Banned
The guy is an inspiration to me. Yes, he's got a lot of money. His garage is a dream in itself. He constructed his own painting booth and painted the car himself. Built the motor himself, did EVERYTHING himself. The best art is that is a 74 year-old man with health problems. He still does/did it because of the passion. Incredible

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
The guy is an inspiration to me. Yes, he's got a lot of money. His garage is a dream in itself. He constructed his own painting booth and painted the car himself. Built the motor himself, did EVERYTHING himself. The best art is that is a 74 year-old man with health problems. He still does/did it because of the passion. Incredible

Sounds like he's a great role model. Learn all you can.

Users who are viewing this thread