bucket list project: to build a new 5.8 SC ford racing motor from scratch. fun?

Ductape

Established Member
I've been wondering about building a 5.8 super charged ford racing motor from the ground up, with serious guidance of course, to drop into my '13 GT vertible some day. could it be done for 20-25k bucks? By build from the ground up, i mean picking and choosing all the parts and probably getting a pro shop, possible an SVT shop, to build it while I document it and have my input as to components. This is kind of a bucket list project for me. Has anyone done this? Opinions and advice? open to all sorts of ideas from people. I always wanted a shelby, but the nameplate isn't why. The thought of having a uniquely 'my own' designed high perf mustang with awesome numbers similar to a shelby is REALLY appealing.

I currently have a '13 GT permium convertible. Brakes and suspension will be improved before any kind of an engine question comes up.

Voltwings

Established Member
Depends on how high it can rev. Not the same architecture I know, but doesn't the Trinity only rev to like 6500? Losing a lot of horsepower taking 1500 rpms off the rev capability, despite adding the displacement.

Revvy

FORD COYOTE 5.0 POWERPLANT STROKER INNOVATION Who's Doing It, & Buzz about it, Etc.

nope, doesn't need to be a shelby block
Well I'd say you got your answer straight from one of JPC Racing's nicest and knowledgeable salesmen, Eric H. Take a look at the companies website if the sound of a custom built 351 Coyote Stroker motor get's your blood flowing. I'm also considering something different and bold, curious to see a possible Hi-Compression Nitrous fed stroked 5.0 motor combo rip it up, plus the shops current build, but I'm gonna prob stay low comp. w/boost. As for those 2013 Trinity 5.8 equipped Mustangs on a previous thread, I don't know how many were made or sold but with only one year of production, I'd keep mine put away for a while and cash that check during retirement if I were lucky enough to have one, let alone a Trinity motor itself may suffice. I still say the "Coyote" based power plant is the Top Dog so far in Ford's world. Carroll Shelby, was quoted having said before his passing that, "The Coyote motor is unlimited to what can be done to it" ,as w/ other motors, and I may have gotten part of that worded wrong but, I and other Coyote owners know now what he meant, regardless. I'm glad to live in Maryland close to and also where team JPC is the local aftermarket "go to" shop not to mention some of thee R & D pioneer's of cutting edge Modern Mustang Technology, like their JPC-RGR 351 Coyote Stroker Shortblock,Triple Hat Return style fuel system, and are current record holder's first to the track, with verified elapsed 1/4 mile times, in the newest year Stang's or powerplant Ford produces, ahead of the rest. Most of my Mods for my 93' Notch, 10" GT, and 2 Coyote's have and will continue to come from them.
-Jesse R. , Just another 'StangFanatic'

twistedneck

Established Member
Ok Eric, tell us what bore that new 348 is using please.

Also, is there any new head flow stuff going on with RGR? at some point you have to think there will be an aftermarket casting with increased valve spacing and bigger ports for high rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread