Bronco Raptor stock performance

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
So how much more roomy than the jeep? I still haven’t set in a new bronco, i should do that. Thing moves absolutely fine for what it is

ArabianOak

Established Member
So how much more roomy than the jeep? I still haven’t set in a new bronco, i should do that. Thing moves absolutely fine for what it is
A lot more room. It’s really wide too. The braptor sits much higher too. I was next to a jeep wrangler at a light last night and literally looking down on them. You should def go sit in one. Great interior and infotainment unit as well.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Curious what mods are needed to beat a 392 suv (cherokee, durango, wrangler).
The Explorer ST isn't too far off the 392s stock. A ZFG tune-only will gap the 392 SUVs pretty easily.

The BRaptor is a different story with the big ole tires and barn-door aero.

The motors are pretty similar. Stock the ExST is mid 300s AWHP, 91-tune is low/mid 400s, E50/E85 and DPs is mid/low 500s.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
A lot more room. It’s really wide too. The braptor sits much higher too. I was next to a jeep wrangler at a light last night and literally looking down on them. You should def go sit in one. Great interior and infotainment unit as well.
i put 200k on a 2010 JKU and didn't feel too cramped, but got in a 4runner one time and was like no way. if it felt like the 4runner there's no way i could enjoy it, but sounds like it won't. thanks

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Check with ZFG Racing. Adam is the man when it comes to the 3.0EB. He has tuned probably 80% of the modded ExSTs and definitely makes the most power and has the transmission tuning down the best. Also seem to be the safest tunes. For that motor platform, there really isn't another choice.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Check with ZFG Racing. Adam is the man when it comes to the 3.0EB. He has tuned probably 80% of the modded ExSTs and definitely makes the most power and has the transmission tuning down the best. Also seem to be the safest tunes. For that motor platform, there really isn't another choice.

There's currently no custom flash tuning support for the BRaptor beyond Whipple (which isn't technically custom).

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
There's currently no custom flash tuning support for the BRaptor beyond Whipple (which isn't technically custom).
Ahh. Sucks. Well, whenever the BRaptor ECU gets unlocked, ZFG will most likely be the go-to.

Until then I guess this picture applies to BRaptor guys looking at ExST guys, and 23 Raptor guys looking at 21-22 Raptor guys, and Raptor R guys looking at GT500 guys.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread