broke my arm... AGAIN

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Anyone know anything good to help me get through till monday? Im dieing.. UNGODLY pain.. i broke it back in august in a ATV wreck.. and today i was in a hurry trying to catch my dad and slipped on the wheelchair ramp in our garage my ankle turned and down i went..landed on my left arm right on the ramp ...its now swollen to the size of a softball or more..bruiesed and HURTS like a mofo.... so im slingbound.. dont wanna go to the ER it'll cost 10 times more than my dr will charge...ive iced it down and its still swelling..... Just took a 10mg loracet and its kicking in so the pains down for now.. i dread sleeping..:(

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
no cash for KOTS this year.. i gotta work on my house lol Didnt realize it was in such rough shape till I painted the shutters the other day the wood around the windows are rotting out.. GRR.. my father said its gonna be pricey to fix and replace the windows.. so the cars on standstill. But I will make it to KOTS one day ..would love to be on the dyno crew again for it though.. its a fun job!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SVTcobraGirl said:
Anyone know anything good to help me get through till monday? Im dieing.. UNGODLY pain.. i broke it back in august in a ATV wreck.. and today i was in a hurry trying to catch my dad and slipped on the wheelchair ramp in our garage my ankle turned and down i went..landed on my left arm right on the ramp ...its now swollen to the size of a softball or more..bruiesed and HURTS like a mofo.... so im slingbound.. dont wanna go to the ER it'll cost 10 times more than my dr will charge...ive iced it down and its still swelling..... Just took a 10mg loracet and its kicking in so the pains down for now.. i dread sleeping..:(
ICED:
http://firstaid.about.com/od/breaksandsprains/ht/06_FxTx.htm
Ice / Isolate (splint) whoops edit forgot the isolate part.
Compress
Elevate
Drugs/Doctor (my personal addition)

Drink more milk, you are a brittle bone woman who should not be driving a muscle car. If you are going to act like a man then I'll treat you like one. I am a KOTS judge BTW!:p

Last edited by a moderator:

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
you wont go get your arm fixed because it will cost too much money? are you completely crazy??? if your arm is broken there could be other damage as well. you always have something wrong.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
DaleM said:
Ice
Compress
Elevate
Drugs (my personal addition)

Drink more milk, you are a brittle bone woman who should not be driving a muscle car. If you are going to act like a man then I'll treat you like one. I am a KOTS judge BTW!:p

haha i do drink milk..and all the other stuff... but my dr warned me it would be easy to break again.. i snaped it in 2 places last time. I noticed just now when i came home my father has put strips of shingles on it lol yeah.. NOW he has and my mom and me have warned him of this.. gotta love dads!

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
MPRT_H8R said:
you wont go get your arm fixed because it will cost too much money? are you completely crazy??? if your arm is broken there could be other damage as well. you always have something wrong.

YEP! my father bitches about insurance payments lol trust me if you knew him you would understand.. plus i have really bad anxietys about hospitals.. if the swelling doesnt go down by tomrrow i'll polly go to the er.. i cant take the pain much longer.

And yes i have bad luck like crazy

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
why are you on your dads insurance? and why does he have insurance if you arent going to use it? would you rather have and anxiety attack or get your arm fixed? you really should go to the ER immediately and get your arm x-rayd and fixed. also if the swelling gets too bad it can block off some blood supply. you are really compounding possible problems with your arm.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
unbreakable3.jpg

Sorry, it was all I could think of. Feel better.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
MPRT_H8R said:
why are you on your dads insurance? and why does he have insurance if you arent going to use it? would you rather have and anxiety attack or get your arm fixed? you really should go to the ER immediately and get your arm x-rayd and fixed. also if the swelling gets too bad it can block off some blood supply. you are really compounding possible problems with your arm.

Cause im covered till im 25!! Im not married yet and only work part time because i work for him off the record part time. so im sticking with it till i hit 25 then i'll get my own.

My dad is VERRRY complicated person.. dont ask lol he bitches about everything.. although this time WAS his fault... lol anyone would know not to just put a sheet of plywood down and not put something for traction...

if you have never had a anxiety attack you wouldnt understand but basically you freak the F out and it feels like walls are closing in and your gonna pass out lol its not good. But im in bad pain now.. the loracet is starting to wear off.. and the swelling isnt going down im about 90% sure i;ll be at the ER tomorrow morning...
And as of right now 2:30 am i CANT sleep..........

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
The only thing I can think of is opiate painkillers. Do you have a script, or will your Dr write you one for a couple vicodin or perks?
Feel Better!

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
Cause im covered till im 25!! Im not married yet and only work part time because i work for him off the record part time. so im sticking with it till i hit 25 then i'll get my own.

My dad is VERRRY complicated person.. dont ask lol he bitches about everything.. although this time WAS his fault... lol anyone would know not to just put a sheet of plywood down and not put something for traction...

if you have never had a anxiety attack you wouldnt understand but basically you freak the F out and it feels like walls are closing in and your gonna pass out lol its not good. But im in bad pain now.. the loracet is starting to wear off.. and the swelling isnt going down im about 90% sure i;ll be at the ER tomorrow morning...
And as of right now 2:30 am i CANT sleep..........

you're just action packed with issues aren't you....

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Hang in there, it could always be worse, you could of broken both of your arms.
Long story (sorry for the hijack), I did that after flipping a bike doing over 40mph, and having the bike land on me. The doctors were amazed at how minor the damage was, the bones stayed intact and just compressed in the same spot on both arms.
Right now I am recovering from surgery I had on my head a few weeks ago. I have stiches from one ear across the back of my head to the other. It's hard to sleep without irritating it. The funniest thing is I have to have my mom take my wallet and my cards away after I take some of this Vicoden (sp) I was prescribed, so I don't order mods while imhout of it. I've allready bought about $2,500 worth this month and did not realise it until UPS started coming to my door. I can afford and wanted what I ordered so I did not cancel any of the orders, its been like xmas all month. I just don't feel up to putting them all on yet.

Your lucky on your insurance here in KS parrents insurance only covers you until you're 23 and you must be a full time student as well.
Get some thermacare heat wraps for your arm and take some ibuprophen to ease the swelling, it may help you rest easier.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
just do yourself a favor and go to the ER...you could cause more damage if you don't immobilize the fracture.

And if your dad gives you shit about tell him to get bent...Why have insurance if you aren't gonna use it. Trust me it's not worth the risk to just suck it up because your dad is "complicated". Your broken arm can cause complications far worse than him.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
UberSonicBlue said:
The funniest thing is I have to have my mom take my wallet and my cards away after I take some of this Vicoden (sp) I was prescribed, so I don't order mods while imhout of it. I've allready bought about $2,500 worth this month and did not realise it until UPS started coming to my door. I can afford and wanted what I ordered so I did not cancel any of the orders, its been like xmas all month. I just don't feel up to putting them all on yet.
:lol: That's pretty funny man.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Go to the Hospital now! You are delaying treatment and that can lead to some serious complications. I will not go into detail or make any diagnosis. Since you have the coverage, get to the E.R. now.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
SVTcobraGirl said:

GO TO THE DAMN ER!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread